I have never even ridden in a Fiero!!! by Theoldsmobileguy
Started on: 10-26-2020 05:50 AM
Replies: 2 (431 views)
Last post by: rbell2915 on 11-24-2020 01:01 PM
Theoldsmobileguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheoldsmobileguySend a Private Message to TheoldsmobileguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 years ago i found the ugliest, most rotten, rat infested pile of junk I've seen on 4 flat tires. So after the owner told me it fried the ecu and sat for 4 years, naturally I bought it for $400. 😂
From the moment we pushed it out the driveway and I coasted it downa a hill to my house praying the brakes worked I fell in love. I had never even hear or seen of both the model and the engine. Turns out it was also the worst thing GM had ever built. I give you the 1987 oldsmobile Calais supreme powered by the infamous 2.5l tech IV L68 tbi vin U short block and 3spd slushbox. She's become a junkyard and free parts experiment. And this group has become my best source for specs on these motors. So I figured I'd join and let you join along insanity inducing cycle of constant repairs with almost no info or replacement parts available. But I can't help it, I just love watching my neighbors trying to figure out how I got it running again, just to hammer slam the gas everywhere I go till it blows up again. Here's a couple pictures when I put on new tires and battery, evicted the mice and somehow got it to run on a tank of 4yr old gas. Right before power windows failed all the way and it started raining.

[img]//images.fiero.nl/userimages/Theoldsmobileguy/20190327_130812.jpg[ /img]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually used to get rides home from school on holidays at the University (7 hours one way) in one of those, burgundy on burgundy, same 2.5L as my Fiero. I remember thinking how weird it was when he popped the hood and the engine was in backwards from what I was used to seeing. Much more comfortable on long trips.

The good thing about the 2.5L? Easy to work on, and parts are dirt cheap!
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My parents had an early 90s Cutlass Calais coupe for a long time. I kind of miss that car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock