Help me figure out my "Euro" problem. by Wonders
Started on: 11-12-2018 07:35 PM
Replies: 3 (228 views)
Last post by: Wonders on 12-12-2018 08:32 AM
Wonders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WondersSend a Private Message to WondersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha, no this isn't everyone complaining about european cars.

This is however, a help thread for me and my family's 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro.

The car has been acting like garbage since we got it last year, and here go a couple of the issues I remember.
Stalling, dying when slowing down, and most recently, erratic idle and failure to start.

We have changed the Coolant Temperature Sender, because that darn light was bugging us and it was fixed. As well as the IAC valve thing that we thought would fix our problems but didn't. Also the three front spark plugs.

Me and my family have no idea what it could possibly be. if you do, or have a guess, please reply.

One more thing to add, the ECM doesn't store the code after the car dies, etc. It always comes up 12, which is no distributor reference pulse.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it do it all the time?
Just to troubleshoot, I would disconnect the TCC clutch connector. It should be a four pin, sort of square connector on the front side of the transaxle. Faces the radiator/core support.
If the TCC clutch sticks, it will cause the car to stall when you stop. Similar to driving a manual trans car, and stopping without pushing in the clutch.

You may have other stuff going on too, but this is free, and easy. Only takes a couple of minutes. If nothing changes, it's easy to plug back in.
Wonders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WondersSend a Private Message to WondersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Does it do it all the time?
Just to troubleshoot, I would disconnect the TCC clutch connector. It should be a four pin, sort of square connector on the front side of the transaxle. Faces the radiator/core support.
If the TCC clutch sticks, it will cause the car to stall when you stop. Similar to driving a manual trans car, and stopping without pushing in the clutch.

You may have other stuff going on too, but this is free, and easy. Only takes a couple of minutes. If nothing changes, it's easy to plug back in.

Probably should have specified that the CC wasn't the problem, cause it dies sometimes. Recently, my family has gotten code 23 and 44, if I have not already said that.

They contradict eachother, because 23 deals with that little sensor that sits inside the air box, and 44 sits in the exhaust.
However, once the car moves to open loop? it runs like total garbage and dies. lack f power, pushing the gas does nothing, etc etc black smoke.
Wonders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2018 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WondersSend a Private Message to WondersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final update on this thread, the injectors of all things caused the problem.

The guy who repaired the car also welded the o2 sensor hole shut, for whatever reason.

IATS is just there, not broken, but still shows a code.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock