Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  Storage Bags For Removable Kit Car Windows?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Storage Bags For Removable Kit Car Windows? by VanGTP5000
Started on: 08-01-2017 12:01 PM
Replies: 7 (224 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 08-15-2017 03:11 PM
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2017 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a scratch resistant solution for storing my Acrylic side windows of my Kit Car in the Fiero trunk when I remove them from the doors (I fabricated them to be magnetically removable after velcro failed miserably ).

They measure 27" L X 7.5" H

I found this Generic Small Sunroof Bag online but I am worried about quality based on the only picture that exists on the net. I thought based on it's 15" Width, I could put the windows in it and fold it in half so they don't touch each other. It certainly is priced low enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/p...&smid=A296KTVXSBHDLI

Next I had the idea to buy a Tactical Rifle case based on the fact that they seem to be between 26-31". I located a few online and think they may be a pretty good fit as long as I don't mind the thickness of the bags vs. the Small Sunroof Bag in question.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/p...1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/p...&smid=A3F332DZPCQLQ8

Lastly I could purchase a Custom Made Bag from a Vendor On this very forum similar to the Sunshade and Vista Glass Bags currently being sold for the Fiero at around $55.

Any thoughts, opinions or other solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Van
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah a rifle case sounds cool. They also sell just the foam.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i....N+CASE+FOAM&_sacat=0

Or whatever bag you can find you could get a soft fabric at one of those hobby stores and line the bag with it.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Yeah a rifle case sounds cool. They also sell just the foam.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i....N+CASE+FOAM&_sacat=0

Or whatever bag you can find you could get a soft fabric at one of those hobby stores and line the bag with it.

Thank you 2.5...both of those are excellent ideas. I went ahead and ordered the Bulldog case and it should be delivered soon.

Thanks again for the suggestions/input.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2017 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bulldog Discreet Tactical Rifle bag arrived today...It was a perfect fit for my windows. I am super pleased with the quality and it really fits nicely in the trunk.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good deal. Glad you found something that would work
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Good deal. Glad you found something that would work

Thanks Litebulb...I appreciate it!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2017 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, perfect fit
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah...it's almost as if it was made for the job!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock