Started on: 05-14-2017 04:54 AM
Replies: 2 (142 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 05-15-2017 03:09 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2004 Chevy Blazer. I installed all new underhood A/C components a couple of years ago. I never got around to filling the system. Now, I'm interested in taking care of this. I have no idea what I'm doing but it can't be that difficult due to the wealth of knowledge on the interwebs. I'll buy a vacuum pump for my air compressor and a manifold gauge set.

The biggest problem I'm having is finding a particular part. It's a figure 8 shaped plastic spacer that gets sandwiched between the hoses on the compressor and the compressor itself. I don't know what it's called so I can't properly search for it. I've spent hours online looking at pictures, schematics, diagrams, etc trying to figure out what it is. What the heck is it called and where can I get one???

Is there anyone in the Peru/Kokomo, Indiana area that has done this before and already has the proper equipment? I'd gladly pay with a hearty thank you, a manly handshake and a bunch of whatever drink of your choice if someone would do this job for me.

I really want to get this done a quickly as possible. I can get a bit more money for trade in if I have cold A/C.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would just be a gasket of sorts right?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for responding. It's more of a spacer than a gasket. I don't think it would work as a gasket on it's own. Honestly, I can't even tell you how thick it is. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say an inch, max. I know it was on the truck when I was changing the compressor a couple of years ago and I remember not being able to find it when I went to bolt the hoses back up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock