Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  New to the forum, opinions on Fiero kitcars for a daily driver...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New to the forum, opinions on Fiero kitcars for a daily driver... by 88.5countach
Started on: 01-20-2017 12:31 PM
Replies: 1 (168 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-21-2017 12:59 AM
88.5countach

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88.5countachSend a Private Message to 88.5countachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, new to the forum. Been in and out over the years but decided to join due to some thoughts on my next adventure. Been concidering doing a kit car for a daily driver. Should be interesting and anyone that has seem my Youtube channel or blog will know I enjoy documenting the kit car adventures....

Now to daily one I need something that I can get serviced in a pinch, thus my thougths are back to the Fiero that I have always loved for its ability to adapt to kits and keep stock.

I do 40,000klms per year in Canadian weather and yes the plan is to winter drive it. So my initial thoughts were to go for a Mera, although its not really a kit you can see why it may be less concerning for daily driving issues.

I like the 308 styling, but really would rather a 355 kit. I'm good with mechanicals but will want to try and keep the reliablilty up while getting more power out of the stock 2.8.... It has to be a manual as well.

I have watched the market for a while if I import a kit from the US it's lots of hurdles but these finished cars in Canada are rarely up for sale.

So I reach out to the forum for some feedback, issues or concerns I may not have thought of.

------------------
" TARGET=_blank>https://sites.google.com/si...countachreplica/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2017 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88.5countach:

...will want to try and keep the reliablilty up while getting more power out of the stock 2.8

That might be your biggest challenge... depending on your definition of "more power".

I love my 5-spd '88 Formula, but I've learned to appreciate its 2.8 (with a few minor tweaks) for what it is... a peppy engine that's never going to pin me to the back of the seat.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock