2007 Solstice Won't Go Into Gear by rbell2915
Started on: 11-29-2016 09:50 PM
Replies: 5 (167 views)
Last post by: rbell2915 on 12-01-2016 01:22 AM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after a few short months of owning the car, it now refuses to go into gear at all. I added a little brake fluid to the master cylinder and it started working again. For some reason, the problem is happening again and looks like it won't be fixed with a little more brake fluid. I haven't noticed any fluid leaks, the brake fluid is still at the same level, and the clutch spring is working fine. I looked into the assembly as I was pressing the pedal with my hand and I could see the spring stretch.

Symptoms:
-Refuses to go into gear
-Sometimes makes a grinding noise
-Notchy feeling when it does work
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you bled the clutch hydraulics?
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not too mechanically savvy, but the slave cylinder uses the brake fluid. So does that mean I'd have to bleed to brakes?

And now it seems like it's difficult to move the shifter into third gear while the engine is off.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

I'm not too mechanically savvy, but the slave cylinder uses the brake fluid. So does that mean I'd have to bleed to brakes?

Same fluid... two totally different systems.

Originally posted by rbell2915:

And now it seems like it's difficult to move the shifter into third gear while the engine is off.

Might also be time then to try to adjust the shifter cables.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Might also be time then to try to adjust the shifter cables.

Okay, thanks, I'll have to look around on how to do that. And I agree with the shift cables. I just found out today that if I shove it into gear, let go a little, and shove it back into gear harder, it'll actually shift. Except for fifth and reverse.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears that the shifter is actually part of the transmission so I don't think there's transmission cables actually..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock