Started on: 11-10-2016 04:37 PM
Replies: 9 (280 views)
Last post by: DotTC on 02-20-2017 04:17 PM
DotTC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Fieros were really safe back in the day, but I'd like to give a shout out to a Chevy Sonic that possibly saved my life in a painful accident I had Sunday, November 6. I was driving our stores delivery car and out of nowhere hit a Ford Explorer in an off centered crash, doing around 35 MPH. Thankfully, the only injury I sustained was a badly fractured wrist. Thank you Chevy!

The car is now dead, but I live... my wrist was a little off though..

If this is the wrong place I am sorry, but wanted to let people know about this awesome little car
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see that you survived. I had looked at the Sonic, but I was claustrophobic in that small of a car. As I've gotten older, my Fieros have seemed to be shrinking, but once inside it seems a lot bigger.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/5751/JrNk7o.jpg

This is a Fiero that hit a bridge abutment and the driver walked away.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 11-11-2016).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Fiero looks painful.. Sonic has a decent amount of room in it, shockingly.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DotTC:

That Fiero looks painful...

That wrist looks painful. Glad that was the worst of your injuries.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That wrist looks painful. Glad that was the worst of your injuries.

Other than my knuckle getting slightly skinned, a scrape on my knee, and a small bruise from it, that was the only injury.. besides the normal aches from getting slapped with an airbag.. and seatbelt. I was really lucky, and very glad to be here to post this. Figure its time to refind my passion for Fieros, since Im alive
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch that made my butt pucker brought back painful memories
I hope they set it correctly and that you heal quickly

Welcome to the left handed butt wipers club

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-12-2016).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Small cars get a bad rap, but modern small cars are pretty safe. My daily driver is a Toyota Yaris hatchback and I rolled one 7 years ago and was no worse for wear (car was totalled though).

Glad to hear you made it out mostly unscathed.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Small cars get a bad rap, but modern small cars are pretty safe. My daily driver is a Toyota Yaris hatchback and I rolled one 7 years ago and was no worse for wear (car was totalled though).

Glad to hear you made it out mostly unscathed.

I drove a 2013 Yaris for about 1 1/2 years.. drove it everywhere. I liked that car, in spite of its flaws.

Finally, surgery done the day of the accident, 2 weeks of a bandage with a splint.. now a month of a hard cast and I'll be back to good I can't wait!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some smaller cars are safer because they just have less mass. They bounce off the crash. That car is totalled. Just all the air bags cost more than bluebook. I just looked at a Honda hit a little lighter on the front. It bluebooked for $7000 and estimate from insurance was over $9500 with all the airbags. Even the seat bags blew so it needed both leather seats replaced. Insurance said tow it to the yard.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Some smaller cars are safer because they just have less mass. They bounce off the crash. That car is totalled. Just all the air bags cost more than bluebook. I just looked at a Honda hit a little lighter on the front. It bluebooked for $7000 and estimate from insurance was over $9500 with all the airbags. Even the seat bags blew so it needed both leather seats replaced. Insurance said tow it to the yard.

Yeah they totaled it, the inside didn't look bad from what I remember, other than having air bags deployed everywhere. People always ask me why I like small cars..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock