Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  Craigslist car ad with 13 year old pictures?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Craigslist car ad with 13 year old pictures? by Patrick
Started on: 10-08-2016 02:47 PM
Replies: 15 (468 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-19-2017 07:35 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2016 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe it's just me... but I feel a Craigslist ad for a car (or a dating site ) should have current pictures. All three images of this AMC Spirit are more than 13 years old.

Link to the ad is Here.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2016 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree but it's just as likely that the date stamp on the camera is wrong. I use a digital camera (dedicated camera, not smart phone) at work and the date stamp has shown 2001 for years. I think we bought the camera (new) in '09.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2016 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

...it's just as likely that the date stamp on the camera is wrong.

Sure, I guess that's a possibility... but if this was my ad I'd either crop the date stamp out of the images, or at least mention in the text of the ad that the date stamp is wrong.

I use a digital camera (dedicated camera, not smart phone) at work and the date stamp has shown 2001 for years. I think we bought the camera (new) in '09.

Ummm, this might seem like a rather obvious question... but why don't you adjust/correct the date?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2016 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Sure, I guess that's a possibility... but if this was my ad I'd either crop the date stamp out of the images, or at least mention in the text of the ad that the date stamp is wrong.

Ummm, this might seem like a rather obvious question... but why don't you adjust/correct the date?

I'd mention it, too.

It won't adjust. No idea what's wrong with the camera but it takes pictures and connects to the computer and that's all the state (I work for the state of Indiana) cares about.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2016 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...it's just as likely that the date stamp on the camera is wrong.

Thinking about this some more, and realizing that 2003/01/03 is probably supposed to indicate January 3rd 2003... yeah, there's far too many leaves on the trees for January around here.

Anyway, it's an ugly car.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock, it's actually a pretty cool car. The Eagle SX/4 and Kammback were Spirit based but all wheel drive. Wicked sticky in snow. A bit odd looking but most AMCs looked a bit odd. (Ever see a Gremlin? )
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A bit odd looking but most AMCs looked a bit odd. (Ever see a Gremlin? )

I liked the Gremlin. The Pacer... I did not.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree on both. I used to have a yellow Gremlin. It WAS odd looking but just odd enough that it was cool.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used to have a yellow Gremlin.

I found a video of you driving it.

And your Aussie cousin has a similar one!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-09-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

Maybe I now feel guilty , but here's a well-produced interesting documentary on the Pacer...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-09-2016).]

FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not as bad as a car I looked at. The fancy wheel and tires were now 3 different styles of stock and at least one tire would be a no go on driving a distance. Then, the rake was different. Then, where is the antenna? The car I was looking at had at least a 5 gallon bucket of bondo used to make it look like a car. On confronting them about the differences, the seller said the parent built 2 cars because it was more economical but, it was the same car, just different wheels. Uh, F- no. It was time to walk.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh, I like how it comes with "Experienced slicks". aka (used tires)
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Deer God - I've re-lived a short period of my life I thought I'd never have to re-visit being that it was pushed deep inside and never to be dredged back to consciousness.

I took my drivers test at the ripe ole age of 16 and a day in a Pacer that looked identical to this one here:

Should have seen the look on the drivers license test guy when he walked out and saw that hulk of hot chick pickin' up ride waiting to be rolled through the mean streets of Tacoma.

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 12-29-2016).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took my driving test in the middle of winter (the requirement was 16 years, 3 months which made it the end of January (in northern Indiana). I used my passed down 1969 Chevrolet Kingswood station wagon. I don't think there was any larger car at the time. Wish I still had that car.

Like this but with a blue top and stock wheels.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Should have seen the look on the drivers license test guy when he walked out and saw that hulk of hot chick pickin' up ride waiting to be rolled through the mean streets of Tacoma.

I'm sure the babes just threw themselves into the back of that wagon.

If you like that shot of Brigitte Bardot on the hood of the Pacer, you'll enjoy the following site... Chick Magnets: Vintage Rides and the Ladies Who Loved Them

Originally posted in Chick Magnets:

As far as inanimate mechanical objects go, the car has got to be the top when it comes to being associated with coolness and verility. Perhaps, only the electric guitar and motorcycle can top it. Sure, you’ve got your “chick repellents” like the Brady Bunch station wagons and AMC Pacers; however, these are easily countered by a 1966 Pontiac GTO or James Bond’s Alpha Romeo GTV6, which literally do not need gas to run, but rather are powered by their own raw sexual energy.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-29-2016).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Ummm, this might seem like a rather obvious question... but why don't you adjust/correct the date? "

Some of my cameras I use have a date stamp that drops out of sync after its stored a while. If I use that camera only every few months, its not worth bothering to keep resetting. For that reason, I generally dont imprint date/time, except for like documentation for insurance or something.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock