1964 Impala Barn Find by starlightcoupe
Started on: 06-04-2016 09:11 PM
Replies: 9 (705 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 10-10-2016 03:46 PM
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A '64 Impala located me--my brother in law told me about it and the owner called me to see if I am interested in it. The owner is old--even older than me if that's possible--and told me a little about it. He said it is a four door but couldn't tell me if it is a hard top or sedan. It has a 327 engine and five flat tires but otherwise, it is in good shape. At least my BIL said it is in good shape. (He's the guy who sold me a pickup with a lot of electrical and engine problems that I had to repair) Owner wants $2500 for it but I don't think I could finish another project any time soon because of my physical condition and lack of a place to work. If I were to buy it, I'd probably flip it to someone who can put in the time and money needed to get it in good condition. I had a 13 year struggle with a '53 Chevy pickup that I sold for half of what I had in it plus the Fiero and a V8 Vega so I have just about had it with projects. The Fiero was fun as was the Vega.

Any ideas? Anyone interested in it? I will go see it Tuesday, the 7th of June and take pictures. My Bud in Virginia restores cars but he isn't interested in this one.

Edit: The guy has an 87 S-10 with bad engine. What is needed to install a 3800 engine in a longitudinal configuration? I'd probably get a Camaro engine to put in it. I worked with Mike Gonzalez who installed the 3800SC into my 84 so I learned a lot and pretty sure I can do it.

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 06-04-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do wanna see the pics, but don't need that project.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have pictures but I can't upload them to the forum. The car is in very good condition and if I had a place to work on it, I'd have bought it. It is a four door hardtop convertible with a 327 and Powerglide transmission. It has about 112000 miles. The gas tank probably needs cleaning out since the owner hasn't started the car in quite some time--about three years. Four flat tires that will hold air--I tried one of them but probably rotted by now. The car was bought new by the owner's father in 1964 and was very well maintained. The only problem I saw was OP had a Mickey Mouse paint job and looks like Kermit the Frog with jaundice.

I'm pretty busy now with med appointments (wife and me) but if your email address is valid, I can send some pictures to you if still interested in seeing them. My friend said the car is nice but said he is looking for a barn find without much restoration to be done. As I said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had a place to work on it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starlightcoupe:

I have pictures but I can't upload them to the forum...

If you wish, send them to the email address in my Profile and I'll post them here.
I have a soft spot for old Chevys. A couple years ago I sold the '67 Chev Bel-Air that my parents had bought brand new. A lot of memories drove away that day.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-15-2016).]

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you wish, send them to the email address in my Profile and I'll post them here.
I have a soft spot for old Chevys. A couple years ago I sold the '67 Chev Bel-Air that my parents had bought brand new. A lot of memories drove away that day.

Patrick, I sent the pictures a few minutes ago (1620, 20 June 2016 in case you don't see this for awhile ) They may be a bit big for the Pennock Image Poster--not sure. thanks for uploading for me. Best,

Richard
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starlightcoupe:

They may be a bit big for the Pennock Image Poster--not sure.

Yep. Fixed.

Nice old Chevy! Just needs some air in that driver's side rear tire.

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot or posting these, Patrick! The owner said the Powerglide is still smooth and the 327 started very easily. As you can see, he doesn't have room or time to work on it. Funny thing--when I left to drive back home, I saw a restored 1964 Impala blue and white four door hard top coming my way. I really wanted that car and if I still lived in Colorado, I'd have bought it because I had a big house and a 1500 square foot heated garage. That is where I worked on my Fiero. Thanks again for posting these pics. I won't make it a habit.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool.
Talk about original.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what a find, looks to be in good shape.

Judging by the door jams, the original color may have been Meadow Green like this example:

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-24-2016).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, a very nice car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock