2011 Malibu by Tstang429
Started on: 05-29-2016 01:01 PM
Replies: 2 (167 views)
Last post by: ARFiero on 06-16-2016 09:04 PM
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2016 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as i mentioned in a previous post my wife's 2005 grand Prix was totaled. That car was her dream car and prized possession. So for a week a search for a replacement was on. Being forced to replace it she said she wanted something newer. She also knew that she did not want other grand prix at this point. So i looked and came across this car. After a test drive and going over the numbers she purchased a 2011 Malibu ltz.. This is a fully option car I found with the sunroof one thing her grand prix didnt have and she insisted this time the new car must have. The best part for me was the engine. This has the 3.6l instead of the 2.4l So all knowledge i got off my impala can go to the maintenance of this car.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. I replaced a 2.4L in one of that body style, think it was a 09 though. The engine spun a bearing with only about 120K on the clock even after having regular oil changes at the dealer it's whole life. Sadly, a couple weeks later the trans lost 1st gear. I pulled the motor and trans and the trans is at the owners brother in-laws house getting cracked open and rebuilt. Once he gets done with it I'll be putting it back in. They are pretty nice cars inside and out from what I've experienced. I don't know why the owner is having such problems with the drive train but you've got the 6 cyl so... The only real issue that bugs me is his has the 6 speed auto trans and that appears to be the rare configuration. I was able to find 4 speed auto transmissions all day long with low miles but finding a 6 speed? Even when I do find one it's been 100K+ miles on it.

Edit: Yes 09 and the same color as yours. Thread is here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum10/HTML/000616.html

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-29-2016).]

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a 2011 Malibu LTZ v-6. I loved it. It was fully optioned. You will like to t and find that it great on long trips. I replaced the radio in mine and put a nav system in it. I even know the name of the silver color on the dash. Hope you enjoy yours

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock