4l60e missing 2nd Gear?? by IanT720
Started on: 05-26-2016 01:03 PM
Replies: 1 (201 views)
Last post by: TM_Fiero on 05-26-2016 09:19 PM
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a '94 Buick Roadmaster with the LT1 and 4l60e trans. We bought it with 170k and I changed the filter and the fluid. (Flushes are evil). Anyway now, 2.5 years later with 185k the Trans has been acting weird. We tow a lot of stuff usually, and burnouts sometimes . But lately it just started slipping in 2nd bad. I changed the fluid and filter again. The fluid was a darker red but certainly not brown or burnt. After the fluid change I drove it, it does not hit 2nd at all. It goes 1-3-4-OD. If going 45mph and I floor it, the trans kicks down to 1st and the engine bounces off the limiter! It continues too until I let off the gas and it upshifts to 3rd and so on. 4th gear is fine. Its only 2nd. 2nd and 4th share clutches and a band. Since 4th is fine, I think its a solenoid? Sticking valve? Ideas? I just want to know if its worth fixing, or just get a new Trans. The trans is PCM controlled. No TV cable or Governor fyi. Thanks!

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TM_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any experience on the 4l60e,a quick google search pointed me to a thread in a different forum. Perhaps it can help with your problems.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/a...no-2nd-gear-all.html

Good luck
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock