Started on: 10-04-2015 07:21 AM
Replies: 5 (113 views)
Last post by: carnut122 on 10-06-2015 05:48 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1) I get a little squeak every time I go around a corner (not a curve). Doesn't matter if it's from a dead stop or at in-town speeds. All I can think of is the dust shields. Everything is rusty but it's all in one piece. Both wheels spin freely so I'm thinking it's NOT the hubs.

2) I have a small vibration, mostly when I accellerate. It idles, shifts, runs fine otherwise. Oil and tranny fluid are fine. I've had this vibration for a while. The shop rebalanced and rotated the tires recently which improved the vibration but didn't eliminate it.

'04 Blazer. 4wd. Rear brakes and 1 front hub replaced about a year ago. I just replaced the front brakes (pads/rotors) yesterday. The shop checked the front end and found nothing wrong, loose, missing or broken.

So....what do I need to look at/fix/replace?

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 10-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't go around corners or accelerate!

Have you checked your plug wires for "leaks" by misting wiring on a dark night?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Have you checked your plug wires for "leaks" by misting wiring on a dark night?

Yeah. No problems but I might change them out just to be sure.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U joints on the vibration? On the squeak, have you looked for rub marks?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

U joints on the vibration? On the squeak, have you looked for rub marks?

Never thought to look for rub marks. Good thinking. I'll pull a wheel off Wednesday.

Could be U joints but I noticed that the vibration has moved. Most of the vibration was in the steering wheel before the shop rotated the tires (fronts swapped side to side and to the rear, rears moved forward same side). Now, it's pretty much gone from the steering wheel but I can feel it in the seat. Makes me think it's wheel/tire related. I watched the shop rebalance the tires so I know that was done.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Never thought to look for rub marks. Good thinking. I'll pull a wheel off Wednesday.

Could be U joints but I noticed that the vibration has moved. Most of the vibration was in the steering wheel before the shop rotated the tires (fronts swapped side to side and to the rear, rears moved forward same side). Now, it's pretty much gone from the steering wheel but I can feel it in the seat. Makes me think it's wheel/tire related. I watched the shop rebalance the tires so I know that was done.

Yep, sounds tire/wheel related. Better check those lug nuts?

The pinion seal was leaking on my s10, so I replaced my first pinion seal today. It was rather easy. Makes me ticked that I stopped every 50-80 miles on a Colorado to Illinois trip to refill the rear-end due to a pinion seal leak back when I was in high school.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 10-06-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock