Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  Step right this way! $15,000 off a new Viper!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Step right this way! $15,000 off a new Viper! by Cheever3000
Started on: 09-08-2014 09:06 PM
Replies: 8 (208 views)
Last post by: thesameguy on 09-12-2014 01:50 AM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.foxnews.com/leis...ffo&intcmp=obnetwork

Dodge offering up to $30,000 off Viper SRT

The Dodge Viper SRT has one of the longest hoods in the business, and it just got a whole bunch of money dropped onto it.

Dodge is lowering the price of its slow-selling supercar by a whopping $15,000 to $84,995 for 2015, and taking that much off all new 2014 and 2013 model year cars still sitting on dealer lots.

To sweeten the deal even more for the car’s biggest fans, current fifth generation Viper owners can get an additional $15,000 off the price of a new one.

The 640 hp 8.4-liter V10-powered Viper is one of the fastest and most powerful cars in the world, but with its raw edge and lack of an automatic transmission or convertible option has limited appeal.

Production was suspended for several weeks earlier this year, and only 438 cars have been sold through August.

The Viper is currently only offered through a small group of authorized dealers, but all Dodge outlets will get the car for the 2015 model year when Chevrolet will introduce the 650 hp Corvette Z06 with a starting price of $78,995.

The Viper is also getting a power bump to 645 hp, but the Z06 isn’t the only performance competition it will face. The absolutely crazy 707 hp Dodge Challenger Hellcat will be parked next to it for $60,990.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 09-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe if I win the lottery
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a fan of the new one.... I like the original.
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah, I'm looking for an Esprit V8 or a 355 hard top right now. Not interested in the Viper.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I win the lottery, one will look nice next to the Z07.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't mind a later 90s GTS; preferably in blue with white stripes. It would go well next to my late 90s blue Corvette.

EDIT: I see the article states some dealers still have +2 year old stock. My local Benz dealer still has 2012 stock up until recently. It's kind of hard to push six figure luxury cars when you live in a state where a $100,000 family income puts you in the top 8 percentile of wage owners in the state...

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 09-10-2014).]

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For almost $30k less you can always step up to the 700hp Hellcat.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

For almost $30k less you can always step up to the 700hp Hellcat.

Yeah, there is that. But that's a very recent development and the current Viper was unveiled a couple years back.

Also, the Viper is significantly less likely to kill it's driver now so they just aren't as exciting as they once were. They've never sold in large volume anyway so it's not like they're really missing out on a lot of sales lately anyway. I want an ACR, badly. But I'd settle for an RT/10 with a matching color aftermarket top. I can make an old one go faster if I want but I would need to get one first.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meant it a little tongue in cheek.

However, good on ChryCo for not hamstringing one car in order to move another. I can't imagine GM putting more horsepower in the SS than the Corvette or Ford in the, um, SHO than the Mustang.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock