Chrysler 300C by Lilchief
Started on: 08-26-2014 09:09 PM
Replies: 6 (234 views)
Last post by: Zac88GT on 10-14-2014 07:35 PM
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking for a newer car. Thought about G8s, GTOs,Porsche Boxter, and Miata (no leg room). So I was thinking about a Chrysler 300c 05-07 Hemi. What's your ideas, pros and cons. Thanks Rick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, baby!

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/...0C_Hemi_CIMG1892.JPG

But seriously, I love those cars. Although I've never been IN one.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 08-26-2014).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been in one. They ride nice and lots of aftermarket power adder support too. Really good bang for the buck ride if you can find a low mileage one. Only issue is they drink fuel like its the 60's...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shop around. I think the 5.7 Hemi was upgraded in 2009 (new intake and heads, and VVT.)
I know that the Challenger of the same year had ~375 HP. I believe that previous year 5.7s were only about 345 or so.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Charger, 300, Challenger and Magnum were all on the same LX platform. Only difference was the body panels. Yes early 5.7 had MDS, 345 hp. My Magnum got 25 mph highway all day long. Im not sure if it changed later, but I know at least initially the SRT 6.1 did NOT have MDS so you used quite a bit more gas. You could not totally turn off traction control, but pulling its fuse in the front fusebox would let you lay down as much rubber as you wanted. I think the 300 took a LOT of its styling from the then new Bentley. The 5.7 Hemi got better fuel milage than the 3.7 V6. Part of that was because the V6s only had 4 spd autos while all the Hemis had 5 spd. Aftermarket like Indy Cylinder Heads, sells crate engines with both the 392 and 426 cu in displacements. They even make kits for 4 bbl, dual 4 bbls or Weber type FI. A friend even had a twin turbo kit installed with both turbos at the rear end....realllllllly quick.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-23-2014).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't driven one, but I've been in the back of a few of the extended wheelbase cars, not impressed compared to the Lincoln or the Cadillac.

I was on the freeway about a month ago and there was a guy with a heavily modified black G8 doing insane pulls, had to be making 600+ HP.
Zac88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove one and hated it. No steering feedback, poor visibility and an awful dash layout are a couple of things that come to mind. One thing that did impress me was very little wind and road noise, even at 100mph.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock