Boat question by Csjag
Started on: 08-20-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 6 (193 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-20-2014 04:53 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagClick Here to Email CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Bonito boat I just purchased had a lot of small screw holes in the fiberglass interior where things used to be mounted. Does any one know of a good patch in a tube that I could use to patch these small holes? Preferably white because the fiberglass is white. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silicone? Otherwise, something like JB weld, and paint it to match.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check with a local marine store, there are some epoxy's that are white that will work for your need.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JB Weld is epoxy based, I would consider that as long as it's not in the hull itself.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakClick Here to Email weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

I used an entire can of flex seal on a small water tank that leaked a little on a seam, with a couple of microscopic pinholes around the edges. I am not impressed, I could have done as well with paint.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check with any local boat shops. They have a catalyzed gel coat for fiberglass boats. You mix it up like body filler and its precolored. I have a buddy in the hull repair business and watched him do lots of it. Uses same thing (to teach me) for fiberglass RV skins. I used it for RV repairs for a dealer here, and also repaired their Wellcraft boats they sold. If you have any trouble finding it, call Spooner Marine Service, Gahanna, Ohio and ask for Dave.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock