C4 Corvette issue by MFord1993
Started on: 05-22-2014 10:34 PM
Replies: 5 (303 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 06-13-2014 05:33 AM
MFord1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MFord1993Send a Private Message to MFord1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I bought a 1984 Corvette, 180k, paint leaves a little to be desired, but I drove it home 20 miles without a tick/hiccup/ or drop of fluid leaking for $2500. I've run into a strange issue. The courtesy lights don't come on when the doors are opened. However, they do come on passenger side anyways) when the headlight knob is turned to the detent. The rear hatch also pops open at the same time. I've researched it a little, and everything is pointing to the courtesy light delay switch. Just wondering if anyone has some insight they can let me in on. Or a wiring diagram. Thanks in advance!

------------------
Current Vehicles;
1984 Fiero SE (Saved from Crusher, 47k original miles)
1985 Fiero GT "Red GT" (3.4 rebuilt from a 95 Camaro)
1988 Fiero "Black Fiero" (Mid 3800sc swap/ restoration)
1988 Fiero GT "The GT" (Original silver, currently winterized)
1989 Olds Cutlass Cierra "Grandpa"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got an 87 C4. It's a lot of fun! I can't help directly with your issue, but the folks here: http://forums.corvetteforum...vettes-1984-1996-19/ could be a big help to you.

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Porsche 928S4
1987 Porsche 944S
1987 Corvette
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MFord1993:

So I bought a 1984 Corvette, 180k, paint leaves a little to be desired, but I drove it home 20 miles without a tick/hiccup/ or drop of fluid leaking for $2500. I've run into a strange issue. The courtesy lights don't come on when the doors are opened. However, they do come on passenger side anyways) when the headlight knob is turned to the detent. The rear hatch also pops open at the same time. I've researched it a little, and everything is pointing to the courtesy light delay switch. Just wondering if anyone has some insight they can let me in on. Or a wiring diagram. Thanks in advance!

I can only think of maybe the door pin switches. That's what fixed to have my courtesy lights to start working properly.
Defintly go to the CorvetteForum.com

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:
I can only think of maybe the door pin switches.

That's also where I'd start.
MFord1993

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MFord1993Send a Private Message to MFord1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it stopped popping the hatch, and the drivers side light comes on now (with the dimmer switch), and the door ajar light works. All of this happened in one day, all of a sudden... Oh the joys of 30 year old cars. Good enough for me. Thanks guys!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check fuses. Check grounds. Check connections.
The oddest electrical symptoms I've ever seen in a corvette were caused by a handful of blown fuses.
Things were back-feeding all over the place.
I can't remember specifics, because it was a long time ago, but yeah...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock