A return to the forums/another new (to me) Pontiac by Valkyrie
Started on: 05-12-2014 02:30 AM
Replies: 13 (241 views)
Last post by: Valkyrie on 05-24-2014 10:10 PM
Valkyrie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, been quite some time since I've visited the Fiero forums, but it still feels like home.

Thought I'd poke my head in and say hi, as well as posting a picture of my new toy.

2009 G8 GXP. Traded a gentleman my previous GT (plus paper money) for this unit.

Being 1of 9 of its build, I'm planning to baby it and keep it safe for a Barret-Jackson auction in 20-30 years.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car there Val,more pics please.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Whats a mater you?Where`s more pics of that beautiful Pontiac you have huh?

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 05-19-2014).]

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Hey! Whats a mater you?Where`s more pics of that beautiful Pontiac you have huh?

Apologies! Been travelling for the past week or so and haven't had much time to post things.

A couple more shots:

And one of the one I traded off (which I actually kind of miss):

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Val,love that color.Last of the great Pontiacs to be made. Would think the value will be at a hefty level 20or30 yrs from now.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks davy!

It's quite the car. Though, as I kinda mentioned before, I do miss the old G8 GT I had. Though the move from 6.0L auto to 6.2L manual is making the feelings subside pretty quickly. ;P

And a shot of the Fiero project for what it's worth.

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! You have 2 Pontiac race cars.Which one is faster? Some nice bikes too.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 05-21-2014).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The G8 is such a piece of art
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm quite disappointed they didn't keep them around for a bit longer. But at least it's reinCARnated (ha!) as the SS.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I think your new G8 is loads better than the one you had.

I didn't know they made those manual, or is that the "1 of 9" part of things?
Either way, that thing is beautiful, and the Fiero looks like it will be quite the car.
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:
I didn't know they made those manual, or is that the "1 of 9" part of things?

Only the GXP was available in the manual, and they made 1829 GXPs, probably about half were manuals (though I don't remember what the exact number there was). Breaks down more as you get into colors and sunroof/solid roof.

Nice ride and congrats on the purchase! Took me about 3 months after I totaled my GT last summer to find my GXP....definitely more fun to drive with the stick

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

PFF
System Bot
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

Only the GXP was available in the manual, and they made 1829 GXPs, probably about half were manuals (though I don't remember what the exact number there was). Breaks down more as you get into colors and sunroof/solid roof.

Nice ride and congrats on the purchase! Took me about 3 months after I totaled my GT last summer to find my GXP....definitely more fun to drive with the stick

I believe there were few sunroofless cars, which would probably account for most of the 1 of 9 part. Though I'm not really up on my production numbers.

Let's see some shots of your GT and GXP, if you've got, naskie.

@DKcustoms: I agree, the GXP is awesome. But I'm a sucker for gun metal grey, and I had purchased the GT with very low KM, so it felt like my baby. Though, oddly enough, the two cars had pretty well the same mileage when trading up. My GT was about 29,900 while the GXP was about 33,000km or so. It's always tough to say goodbye to a nice car, and it's kinda weird when you're going to a slightly nicer version of pretty well the same car.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

I lusted after those for a while. Ended up buying a Challenger R/T. Oh well... you learn.
(Keep in mind... This is when both GM and Chrysler were both going through bankruptcy. Nobody had a clue what was going to happen.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-24-2014).]

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice!

I lusted after those for a while. Ended up buying a Challenger R/T. Oh well... you learn.
(Keep in mind... This is when both GM and Chrysler were both going through bankruptcy. Nobody had a clue what was going to happen.)

I'm rather fond of the new Chargers as well. Never driven one, though I've heard good things. How do you like yours?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock