Started on: 04-24-2014 10:00 AM
Replies: 4 (99 views)
Last post by: Patrick's Dad on 04-26-2014 01:57 PM
Patrick's Dad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I developed "reverse slam" last year. I checked the Saturn forums, and found some of the basic fixes - change fluid/filter reverse for half an hour, then change out valve body - which did not really fix the problem. I could reverse when cold, and it still didn't like 2d gear, but it was driveable.

Now, the trans makes a "creak" sound when I put it in drive, and I've got no reverse. Nothing on a light search of the forums. Any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take somebody strong along to push it when you have to back up?
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Take somebody strong along to push it when you have to back up?

Well, yeah, I've had to do that, and I usually park through in a lot so I can pull out forward, but this creak thing is new, so I'm worried that, before long, I'll have to push it forward, too.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on the tranny? I'm thinking it might be time to sell it "as is" with a bill of sale stating there is no warranty.and a full disclosure so that you can sleep at night. Or, time to rebuild/replace the transmission. OTOH, my mom's 99 Cougar has developed issues and it appears to be a $45 neutral safety switch. If she wasn't 10 hours away, I'd go and replace that for her. So, maybe somebody will come up with a solution besides what I listed. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 04-26-2014).]

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
64K on the clock. My mom's car - she didn't drive it much.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock