Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  What would Insurance be like on a 2000 camaro convertible v6 3.8 for 16 male

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What would Insurance be like on a 2000 camaro convertible v6 3.8 for 16 male by FieroGT-987
Started on: 09-25-2013 11:08 PM
Replies: 7 (156 views)
Last post by: Lunatic on 09-27-2013 06:14 AM
FieroGT-987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clean record.
V6 camaro convertible
Please give me an estamite
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call around or shop online (free quotes). No way to give you an estimate as there are so many variables, it is pretty much impossible without having all the details and access to insurance quoting software. Could be $400 a year... could be $2000 a year.

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Call around or shop online (free quotes). No way to give you an estimate as there are so many variables, it is pretty much impossible without having all the details and access to insurance quoting software. Could be $400 a year... could be $2000 a year.

Yup. Way to many variables. The zip code you live in effects rates. Your "clean record" won't account for much since your 16 so you've what had your license for less than a year so far? Your grades could get you a discount if they are good enough. The level of coverage you choose will matter also. From basic liability to full coverage with towing, car rental and coverage of lost wages, the price will be a rather wide spectrum. Still if I have to guess, I'd say your probably looking at $200+ a month for full coverage. But that's just a guess.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 09-26-2013).]

FieroGT-987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it be more than my 87 fiero gt
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Insurance was much cheaper when I was 16 (30 years ago), I had an almost full time job and I wouldn't have considered trying to insure a Camaro type car. Put the car in your parents name and pay them the difference in the cost of insurance. (It WILL go up if they add a Camaro on a policy that includes a 16 year old but not as much as getting insurance on your own.) It even possible you would be uninsurable on that car, regardless of your grades, driving record, credit history, etc without going to once of the high-risk companies (which would add considerably to the premium).
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have State Farm and I can drive any car I want in my family (including my dad's '02 Firebird). I'm 16 and I'm rated on the Fiero for about $230 every six months. My uncle own an '80 Z28 as his first car and had to pay around $1200 every six months. Mind you, that was in the late 80s.

If the car is under your parents' names, the insurance will be cheaper, I believe.

------------------
-1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
*October 2, 2012
------------------

Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Google "insurance quote online" and find a location near you. That way you can get a free estimate! On the plus side, some websites might compare several companies as well. That should get you into the ball park. Times have changed greatly since I was 16. Man, things were easier back then. And fuel was way cheap compared to the prices today!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock