Started on: 04-24-2013 03:46 PM
Replies: 5 (134 views)
Last post by: Xyster on 05-02-2013 10:07 AM
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a 1997 Bonneville SSEi and was curious about something. The shifter thats in it is super nasty and is the style that looks like a ball with the shift button underneath in the front of it. Is it possible to just swap the shifter out for one of the T-handle ones like in other pontiacs (IE grand prix, grand am, etc)? Havent really dug much into it - was wonderin if anyones ever swapped them out before. Thanks! -Ben
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe you are referring to the "snakehead" shifter knob. If you don't like the style of that one, I am sure someone might want to trade you a t-handle one for it. Those are pretty easy to get out. They have a little retaining ring you have to pull out then it slides right off. mmeyer86gt/gtp can recover it for you. He does excellent work.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043875.html
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

I believe you are referring to the "snakehead" shifter knob. If you don't like the style of that one, I am sure someone might want to trade you a t-handle one for it. Those are pretty easy to get out. They have a little retaining ring you have to pull out then it slides right off. mmeyer86gt/gtp can recover it for you. He does excellent work.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043875.html

Yes that shifter style. Is it possible to swap to the t-handle style shifter if it has one of those 'snakehead' shifters on it? Id rather have the style shifter that I like VS dumping money into one that I dont like. Thanks for the link though! -Ben

[This message has been edited by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD (edited 04-25-2013).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see why the t-handle shifter knob won't work. Both of those knobs work on a Fiero with no issues. mmeyer86gt/gtp may have a t-handle knob or he can locate you one and recover it for you. Then you can have a brand new shifter knob.
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll send him a quick PM. Thanks! -Ben
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My old '86 Olds Calias had the t-handle style and I briefly had the snake head one in it. (When I worked at a dealership I had access to all sorts of random parts that I tried out on my car.) Most of the handles worked but it was 15 years ago and I can't remember which ones didn't.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock