Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  98 chev venture van. fuel pump won't come on with the key at first crank.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
98 chev venture van. fuel pump won't come on with the key at first crank. by fieroaddicted
Started on: 04-08-2013 12:05 PM
Replies: 3 (59 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 04-15-2013 08:13 AM
fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedClick Here to Email fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My venture will not start first crank if it sits for several hours and i have noticed that the pump does not buzz up. I have to turn the key off and back on so that the pump runs twice before it will go. Then once running it works fine. Ideas?
troy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bad pump?

You will have to check the power going to the pump.

On my Aztek (same chassis as Montana.... and venture, just not sure on the year)... there is a wire harness connector under the driver's area You get to it from the bottom. If you have this, disconnect and look over the connection. This is an area of corrosion. I had to bypass mine.

It is called a C305 in the Aztek world. http://www.aztekfanclub.com...dex.php?topic=6235.0

BTW... this connector houses things like the fuel pump power, evap wires and abs wires.

found this: http://www.justanswer.com/c...anged-fuel-pump.html

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 04-08-2013).]

fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedClick Here to Email fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some good info here, thanks a bunch. I am thinking you are on the right track with the plug under the drivers side. My fuel gauge has never worked since i got the van, and i was told it may have something to do with that same plug you mentioned. I am going to have to check it out. Thanks for the help
troy
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump... any info?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock