Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  " I wouldve beat you if..." (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
" I wouldve beat you if..." by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Started on: 11-09-2012 03:05 PM
Replies: 47 (1049 views)
Last post by: HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD on 05-01-2013 12:22 PM
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was drivin the GN the other night stretching its legs a little bit before winter, and the inevitable happens. Never have I once drove that car without someone/something trying to race me. So Im commin back from taco hell, and a little red turbo sentra pulls up next to me and starts revving its little turbo 4 cylinders heart out. So I look over at him, and him and his lil blondie were just cheesein ear to ear. It then was very simple - built up about 0ishPSI at the line, light turned green he squeeled his tires and I was stareing at him in the rear view mirror by the time I got to full boost. Let off at 55mph (speed limit) and he comes flying up next to me still wanting to play. So I figured 'meh' waved for him to go, he romps on it, I romp on it and Im doin 85+ and stareing at him in my rear view again.

I slow down, and stop for the red light that just changed up ahead. I start changeing music on the radio, and he comes pullin up and starts yelling. I roll my window down and he yells to me 'I wouldve beat you if we went from a 110MPH roll!' I just shrugged and said 'Not really, Ive got overdrive and there was never a time where you were pulling dude - I was putting bus lengths on you...' He didnt like that, slams/grinds it into first and is just waiting for the light to change. He starts revving his engine all pissed off, rolling back and forth and Im just thinking in my mind :dude really now?: In show of good form, I decided to entertain his offer (it was late, no boxes full of nuns or buses full of kittens in sight.) I yell to him 'how bout we race for your girl? just to be a @$%' Much to my suprise, she turns to him and says 'yeah! lets totally do it!' So light turns green and he just hazes his tires off. Now, this time I decided Im just gonna stay even with him all the way to his magical 110. So Im watchin on my scan master, and as soon as 110 was reached I dropped the hammer and watched the boost spike to 19PSI and again, was staring at him in the rear view mirror.



We get to the next light, and its red so I stop, start lookin to see what hes gonna do. He BLOWS the red light and just flys off into the night. A sentra owner owes me a blonde.... I know people on this board arent fond of racing n what-not, but I just had to share my night.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy
Member
Posts: 6607
From: Not too far from Mexico
Registered: Nov 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol. People are weird. My Volvo buddies have a reputation for kickin' arse on the streets of Tulsa (people used to underestimate their Volvos, but my buddies have broken most in Tulsa of that). I suppose it shouldn't have surprised me when a Trans Am revved up on me at a stop light last year. Funny thing was, last year my 240 was completely stock, engine-wise, which for a N/A Volvo 240 means its so slow that it couldn't even get out of its own way. I just lol'd and shook my head as he took off like a bat out of hell when the light turned green like he thought I was actually going to race him...

OTOH, just last week I had a busted a$$ Buick (I'm talking mid-90s 3.4 N/A POS, mind you) switch lanes directly in front of me on the highway. I had little choice but to either rear end him or switch into the lane he had just vacated and fly by him. I didn't even honk or give him a dirty look or anything, just changed lanes and kept going but for whatever reason he took it as a personal affront and decided he wanted to tailgate me the rest of the way into town, switching lanes did not help, he'd just switch with me. In the end I found it quite amusing to allow him to catch up to me (already doing 75mph in a 65 in an effort to keep him off my a$$) then floor it (I'm only peaking at 13psi, though) and leave him in the dust - have him catch up to me a minute or so later only after I'd slowed down to 70 or so again - have him tailgate me again and then I'd leave him in the dust again. We repeated that cycle about a dozen times until we reached town. He only got off my a$$ once we reached town, and then only to try to get beside me to rev up on me at every light we hit until I got to work. <sigh>

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 11-09-2012).]

IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by OKflyboy:

lol. People are weird. My Volvo buddies have a reputation for kickin' arse on the streets of Tulsa (people used to underestimate their Volvos, but my buddies have broken most in Tulsa of that). I suppose it shouldn't have surprised me when a Trans Am revved up on me at a stop light last year. Funny thing was, last year my 240 was completely stock, engine-wise, which for a N/A Volvo 240 means its so slow that it couldn't even get out of its own way. I just lol'd and shook my head as he took off like a bat out of hell when the light turned green like he thought I was actually going to race him...

OTOH, just last week I had a busted a$$ Buick (I'm talking mid-90s 3.4 N/A POS, mind you) switch lanes directly in front of me on the highway. I had little choice but to either rear end him or switch into the lane he had just vacated and fly by him. I didn't even honk or give him a dirty look or anything, just changed lanes and kept going but for whatever reason he took it as a personal affront and decided he wanted to tailgate me the rest of the way into town, switching lanes did not help, he'd just switch with me. In the end I found it quite amusing to allow him to catch up to me (already doing 75mph in a 65 in an effort to keep him off my a$$) then floor it (I'm only peaking at 13psi, though) and leave him in the dust - have him catch up to me a minute or so later only after I'd slowed down to 70 or so again - have him tailgate me again and then I'd leave him in the dust again. We repeated that cycle about a dozen times until we reached town. He only got off my a$$ once we reached town, and then only to try to get beside me to rev up on me at every light we hit until I got to work. <sigh>



My buddy had a turbo volvo wagon back in the day (06). He didnt do much to it, but it would definatley catch you off gaurd if you thought nothing of it and didnt give it your all. I dunno what it is, but some people make it a vendetta to mess with you when you're driving (even when you do nothing wrong.) People are people I guess...
IP: Logged
skuzzbomer
Member
Posts: 7492
From: Nashville
Registered: Sep 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was driving a fully loaded F250 diesel towing a 4,000 lb piece of equipment when I pulled up to a red light... To my left, was a fart-cannoned 1990 Nissan 300ZX N/A that looked life he had literally driven through every layer of hell and back, and to his left was a new Ferrari 599.

Fairlady rice revved and popped his 3 litres of oil-burning power while the Ferrari just sat there. The light turned green and we all took off. Ferrari was gone in no time, the Datsun squealed his tires and I just left him behind. I had to get over into his lane anyway - mine was disappearing

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 11-09-2012).]

IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I was driving a fully loaded F250 diesel towing a 4,000 lb piece of equipment when I pulled up to a red light... To my left, was a fart-cannoned 1990 Nissan 300ZX N/A that looked life he had literally driven through every layer of hell and back, and to his left was a new Ferrari 599.

Fairlady rice revved and popped his 3 litres of oil-burning power while the Ferrari just sat there. The light turned green and we all took off. Ferrari was gone in no time, the Datsun squealed his tires and I just left him behind. I had to get over into his lane anyway - mine was disappearing



Ahhhh, ferrari 599s...or any ferrari for that matter.... We should just make this an official 'kill story' thread for the other cars section and just post all our non-fiero related kill stories here.
IP: Logged
Falcon Fiero
Member
Posts: 2777
From: Colorado
Registered: Jun 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroClick Here to Email Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few weeks ago I was cruising in the 348, and a high school kid pulls up next to me in a beat up old lexus 2 door @ a light and rev's his motor and says "Want to show me what that thing is made of...?"

I leaded over and said "its made out of aluminum." Seemed to nicely confuse him....
IP: Logged
Monkeyman
Member
Posts: 15674
From: N. Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Registered: Nov 1999


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by OKflyboy:

...he wanted to tailgate me the rest of the way into town...



I've found that unless your car has extreme sentimental value to you, it's best to brake HARD for the dog/deer on the side of the road that might run out in front of you. :wink: I had a car tailgate me (literally about a foot behind me) yesterday. I switched lanes and he/she stayed right up with me. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have done any good to brake for a dog/deer as I was on my bike. I eventually turned off just so I wouldn't get run over.

IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Want to show me what that thing is made of...?"

I leaded over and said "its made out of aluminum." Seemed to nicely confuse him....


I spat coffee all over the keyboard when I read this. Thanks for the morning laugh - I needed it! As far as the deer/dog, I had to employ that on the way in to work this morning. A HHR was so close to me on the way in, I could tell that the driver had green eyes... so I went to take off from a light rushed up to the speed limit, him still on my tail, and then nailed the brakes and he followed suit. Was really hopein for a new paint job, but I guess his brakes are better than 87 brakes... :P
IP: Logged
OKflyboy
Member
Posts: 6607
From: Not too far from Mexico
Registered: Nov 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Monkeyman:


I've found that unless your car has extreme sentimental value to you, it's best to brake HARD for the dog/deer on the side of the road that might run out in front of you. :wink: I had a car tailgate me (literally about a foot behind me) yesterday. I switched lanes and he/she stayed right up with me. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have done any good to brake for a dog/deer as I was on my bike. I eventually turned off just so I wouldn't get run over.


Yeah, I'll admit to brake checking a time or two but now I usually just let off the gas and slow down (and I mean WAY down). I find that most tailgaters will get frustrated or bored with tailgating once you reach 35 in a 65... Probably should have done exactly that with this dude last week but honestly the dude just pissed me off from the get-go with his wannabe race attitude.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 11-10-2012).]

IP: Logged
nosrac
Member
Posts: 3500
From: Euless, TX, US
Registered: Jan 2005


Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

So I was drivin the GN the other night stretching its legs a little bit before winter, and the inevitable happens. Never have I once drove that car without someone/something trying to race me.




I love GN's and am sorta in a GN club with my Fiero as it is a 3800 powered vehicle...LOL

What do you run in the 1/4 mile? PPL used to want to street race me too, that is until they heard the SC whine....lol

Too bad I don't have a SC anymore. I miss the whine and street light Kills.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 11-10-2012).]

IP: Logged
IanT720
Member
Posts: 1696
From: Whitmore Lake, MI
Registered: Sep 2010


Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Click Here to Email IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

So I was drivin the GN the other night stretching its legs a little bit before winter, and the inevitable happens. Never have I once drove that car without someone/something trying to race me. So Im commin back from taco hell, and a little red turbo sentra pulls up next to me and starts revving its little turbo 4 cylinders heart out. So I look over at him, and him and his lil blondie were just cheesein ear to ear. It then was very simple - built up about 0ishPSI at the line, light turned green he squeeled his tires and I was stareing at him in the rear view mirror by the time I got to full boost. Let off at 55mph (speed limit) and he comes flying up next to me still wanting to play. So I figured 'meh' waved for him to go, he romps on it, I romp on it and Im doin 85+ and stareing at him in my rear view again.

I slow down, and stop for the red light that just changed up ahead. I start changeing music on the radio, and he comes pullin up and starts yelling. I roll my window down and he yells to me 'I wouldve beat you if we went from a 110MPH roll!' I just shrugged and said 'Not really, Ive got overdrive and there was never a time where you were pulling dude - I was putting bus lengths on you...' He didnt like that, slams/grinds it into first and is just waiting for the light to change. He starts revving his engine all pissed off, rolling back and forth and Im just thinking in my mind :dude really now?: In show of good form, I decided to entertain his offer (it was late, no boxes full of nuns or buses full of kittens in sight.) I yell to him 'how bout we race for your girl? just to be a @$%' Much to my suprise, she turns to him and says 'yeah! lets totally do it!' So light turns green and he just hazes his tires off. Now, this time I decided Im just gonna stay even with him all the way to his magical 110. So Im watchin on my scan master, and as soon as 110 was reached I dropped the hammer and watched the boost spike to 19PSI and again, was staring at him in the rear view mirror.



We get to the next light, and its red so I stop, start lookin to see what hes gonna do. He BLOWS the red light and just flys off into the night. A sentra owner owes me a blonde.... I know people on this board arent fond of racing n what-not, but I just had to share my night.


It's especially cool because you used a GN to do it love those grandma cars.

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by nosrac:




I love GN's and am sorta in a GN club with my Fiero as it is a 3800 powered vehicle...LOL

What do you run in the 1/4 mile? PPL used to want to street race me too, that is until they heard the SC whine....lol

Too bad I don't have a SC anymore. I miss the whine and street light Kills.



I LOVE that video! I cant wait to get the 3800 S/C in my fiero! Yes, the GN people will definately make you an honorary Buick member haveing a 3.8 powered forced induction vehicle. My best time so far has been 11.79@115, but that was with a 2.0 60ft so I know Ive got room to improve with suspension mods and better tire I can get a lot better E/T. Best pass was done on 93 oct through a muffler on 19psi boost. 12.2 AFRs, 0 knock and 168* engine temp @ the end of the pass. Its a decent little ride and definately turns heads thats for sure. Need to get back to workin on the other buick. Gotta update the progress on 87 Turbo T build here soon :P
IP: Logged
fastblack
Member
Posts: 3696
From: Riceville, IA
Registered: Nov 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago when the Cobalt SS's were new my friend got one right off the lot. Thing was, he's like me and couldn't stand that stupid a$$ wing on the back so he opted for the non-supercharged version. Still a snappy good looking car though.

He had had it about a month or so and we were driving down a 4 lane when a nice looking late model mustang pulled along side us. Neither of us really noticed until he started doing that "leave it in a low gear and hit the gas quick then let off quick" thing. My friend simply shook his head and ignored him. Well this crap continued on for a few miles and was getting annoying so my friend shifted into 3rd and gave that ecotech all it had. Mustang guy "knew" it was on and hammered it obviously pulling away over the horizon. Ok, that's over, we continued on in a normal fashion for a few miles until we came upon a mustang on the side of the road with fluid draining out of it and smoke everywhere. We made sure to honk and wave on our way by...
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by fastblack:

A few years ago when the Cobalt SS's were new my friend got one right off the lot. Thing was, he's like me and couldn't stand that stupid a$$ wing on the back so he opted for the non-supercharged version. Still a snappy good looking car though.

He had had it about a month or so and we were driving down a 4 lane when a nice looking late model mustang pulled along side us. Neither of us really noticed until he started doing that "leave it in a low gear and hit the gas quick then let off quick" thing. My friend simply shook his head and ignored him. Well this crap continued on for a few miles and was getting annoying so my friend shifted into 3rd and gave that ecotech all it had. Mustang guy "knew" it was on and hammered it obviously pulling away over the horizon. Ok, that's over, we continued on in a normal fashion for a few miles until we came upon a mustang on the side of the road with fluid draining out of it and smoke everywhere. We made sure to honk and wave on our way by...


YES! love it - silly stang owners :P
IP: Logged
fierosound
Member
Posts: 14414
From: Calgary, Canada
Registered: Nov 1999


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 278
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sitting at a light in my 98 Dodge Grand Caravan. A kid with hat on backwards pulls up in the curb lane in one of the later model FWD Celica's. He's gonna try to scoop me at the light, because there's parked cars 1/2 block away on the other side of the intersection.

Light turns green - I nail it, he can't get ahead at all and has to pull in behind me (all pissed off) 'till we get past the 3 parked cars and the curb lane opens up again.

He does the "fly-by" in the curb lane, pulls into my lane, and realizes the next street is his turn left!

Tries to turn and is too fast, nails the brakes, skids and stops with his front wheels within inches of the curb on the corner (which would have launched him into the yard or house) and STALLS.

I drive by and toot the horn as he's trying to restart the thing.

HE FOUND OUT ..

His car is slow.
It doesn't handle.
He can't drive.

I only wished I'd had my GT instead




------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-17-2012).]

IP: Logged
FriendGregory
Member
Posts: 4760
From: Palo Alto, CA, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have beat you if....you were geared so that you would not run out of gear and rpm 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile. I have "highway gears"!
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FriendGregory:

I would have beat you if....you were geared so that you would not run out of gear and rpm 3/4 of the way down the 1/4 mile. I have "highway gears"!


Haha yep! Good ol' 3.42 rear gears - gotta love em
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

1388 posts
Member since Jan 2004
 
quote
Originally posted by fierosound:

Sitting at a light in my 89 Dodge Grand Caravan. A kid with hat on backwards pulls up in the curb lane in one of the later model FWD Celica's. He's gonna try to scoop me at the light, because there's parked cars 1/2 block away on the other side of the intersection.

Light turns green - I nail it, he can't get ahead at all and has to pull in behind me (all pissed off) 'till we get past the 3 parked cars and the curb lane opens up again.

He does the "fly-by" in the curb lane, pulls into my lane, and realizes the next street is his turn left!

Tries to turn and is too fast, nails the brakes, skids and stops with his front wheels within inches of the curb on the corner (which would have launched him into the yard or house) and STALLS.

I drive by and toot the horn as he's trying to restart the thing.

HE FOUND OUT ..

His car is slow.
It doesn't handle.
He can't drive.

I only wished I'd had my GT instead






Victories in mini vans always make me smile, but agreed - it would be fun to outgun AND outhandle him in a GT Fiero
IP: Logged
squisher86SE
Member
Posts: 1350
From: Franklin, IN, USA
Registered: May 2005


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've personally "stop-light" ran my Mustang ('02 GT) against a 1st generation Chrysler minivan and damn near lost...
Granted it was one of the turbo models, short wheel-base and gutted (no seats) but he still got a thumbs up. Chrysler turbo 4s ain't nothing to sneeze at.
He didn't have any mufflers either, so not sure if the van was otherwise stock, it impressed the crap outta me that's for sure.

I used to have fun screwing with the "ricer" boys in my old Cavalier too...Z24 supercharged to ~200 hp. Nothing ridiculous (15 flat maybe low high 14s qtr mile) but definitely more than a Japanese hatchback and a loud-pipe muffler.



EDIT:
Stupid typo. I WISH the old J was low 14s...hell my 'Stang probably isn't even LOW 14s, probably mid.

[This message has been edited by squisher86SE (edited 11-20-2012).]

IP: Logged
rogergarrison
Member
Posts: 49593
From: A Western Caribbean Island/ Columbus, Ohio
Registered: Apr 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres quite a few of those turboed 4 cyl Chrysler minivans around now. Some run as fast as low teens if I remember right.
IP: Logged
Monkeyman
Member
Posts: 15674
From: N. Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Registered: Nov 1999


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had some idiot in a riced out import rev up on me on my bike the other day. Light turned green, I took off and left him in the dust. His car probably doesn't have 1 1/2 times the hp my bike does and less torque and weighs 4x as much. When will kids learn not to try to race a bike?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison
Member
Posts: 49593
From: A Western Caribbean Island/ Columbus, Ohio
Registered: Apr 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you. even a mediocre bike can beat the baddest muscle car.
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I agree with you. even a mediocre bike can beat the baddest muscle car.


X2, I was riding my bike 2 days ago, and I had an Alero with a fartpipe on it rev on me then try to gun it. I was still trying to get over the fact that it was an ALERO with a FARTPIPE that Id forgotten to even downshift sitting at the light and bogged bad and then remembered 'ohyeah' and down shifted and pulled away quickly.
IP: Logged
FriendGregory
Member
Posts: 4760
From: Palo Alto, CA, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:Haha yep! Good ol' 3.42 rear gears - gotta love em


No, I am talking about 4.11s with street height tires. I have 2.78 gears and still spend most of my time at around 2600 to 3000 RPM(3000 rpm is about 80mph checked with GPS). I want my motor to last for a while. How fast do you want to go = how much do you want to spend. I swear my buddies car is setup for 1/8th mile runs.
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FriendGregory:


No, I am talking about 4.11s with street height tires. I have 2.78 gears and still spend most of my time at around 2600 to 3000 RPM(3000 rpm is about 80mph checked with GPS). I want my motor to last for a while. How fast do you want to go = how much do you want to spend. I swear my buddies car is setup for 1/8th mile runs.


What car/trans? At 80mph, Im only touching about 2400rpm in O/D LU in the GN. My motor has lasted since the fat man in detroit put it together in 87
IP: Logged
fastblack
Member
Posts: 3696
From: Riceville, IA
Registered: Nov 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:


...an Alero with a fartpipe...



IP: Logged
FriendGregory
Member
Posts: 4760
From: Palo Alto, CA, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:What car/trans? At 80mph, Im only touching about 2400rpm in O/D LU in the GN. My motor has lasted since the fat man in detroit put it together in 87


I have a 64 Fairlane, "green dot" C4, it does hit all 3 gears. My buddy with a race prepped stroked 350 in a 69 Camaro. On the freeway he cruises at 55 and about 4000 RPM. Cars pass us like we are standing still but, we sound like we are going 100.

[This message has been edited by FriendGregory (edited 12-10-2012).]

IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FriendGregory:


I have a 64 Fairlane, "green dot" C4, it does hit all 3 gears. My buddy with a race prepped stroked 350 in a 69 Camaro. On the freeway he cruises at 55 and about 4000 RPM. Cars pass us like we are standing still but, we sound like we are going 100.



I cant imagine that - 4Krpms and only going 55? I couldnt imagine that life - but mainly cause I dont want to. Im happy runnin 11s and gettin almost 29MPGs to/from the track. :P
IP: Logged
Joe 1320
Member
Posts: 947
From: Sebring, Florida
Registered: Sep 2003


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageClick Here to Email Joe 1320Send a Private Message to Joe 1320Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:


I cant imagine that - 4Krpms and only going 55? I couldnt imagine that life - but mainly cause I dont want to. Im happy runnin 11s and gettin almost 29MPGs to/from the track. :P


Must be nice. My roller cam and non lockup really took a toll on mileage. pulls like a monster though.....

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica
87 Coutach replica

IP: Logged
Stubby79
Member
Posts: 7064
From: GFY county, FY.
Registered: Aug 2008


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I would've beat you if I wasn't driving a Geo Metro."

Could be worse. "I would've beat you if you weren't driving a Geo Metro"
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Joe 1320:


Must be nice. My roller cam and non lockup really took a toll on mileage. pulls like a monster though.....


I cant imagine a life without lockup for driving around. Still runnin a flat tappet cam in my cars though. Takes it a second since the converter is too small, but then it pulls like a freight train
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86
Member
Posts: 19600
From: Kingwood Texas..... Yall
Registered: Sep 2008


Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is gona be a given but a couple weeks ago I was in my SHO leaving pepboys.. some kid in a civic pulled up next to me with a buddy of his in the car... we both had our windows down and i heard him say to his friend WTF is an SHO.. his friend says he left pepboys so its prolly some ricer assed stickers..... i Had a smile ear to ear he took off fast and i took off slow... when he gets about 4 car lengths ahead of me i tromped on it my exhaust is quiet at idle but when you get on it it roars.. so i blow his doors off and at the next like he pulls up Yo what you got done to that thing.. i said "nothing" its an SHO V8... and he pirsists to say i would have had you from a roll... i said back you dont even want to try that...
IP: Logged
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Member
Posts: 1388
From: Elkhart, IN, USA
Registered: Jan 2004


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDClick Here to Email HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by pontiackid86:

This is gona be a given but a couple weeks ago I was in my SHO leaving pepboys.. some kid in a civic pulled up next to me with a buddy of his in the car... we both had our windows down and i heard him say to his friend WTF is an SHO.. his friend says he left pepboys so its prolly some ricer assed stickers..... i Had a smile ear to ear he took off fast and i took off slow... when he gets about 4 car lengths ahead of me i tromped on it my exhaust is quiet at idle but when you get on it it roars.. so i blow his doors off and at the next like he pulls up Yo what you got done to that thing.. i said "nothing" its a SHO V8... and he pirsists to say i would have had you from a roll... i said back you dont even want to try that...


Haha! Sleeper kills are always the best! You still trying to sell that thing?

[This message has been edited by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD (edited 01-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
pontiackid86
Member
Posts: 19600
From: Kingwood Texas..... Yall
Registered: Sep 2008


Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:


Haha! Sleeper kills are always the best! You still trying to sell that thing?




Yea.. if i get this job theres no way ill be able to take it with me... to many cars.. I'm going to miss it it is one hell of a sleeper if there ever was one... it looks just like a regular Taurus just not under the hood
IP: Logged
Dotrenrew
Member
Posts: 329
From: Morrice, Mi
Registered: Jan 2013


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageClick Here to Email DotrenrewSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite thing is when I get some punk kid in his tricked out civic try to race me at red lights. It must be humiliating for these turds to lose to me in my station wagon.

With that being said, I love my twin turbos.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (Daily Driver)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
1984 Pontiac Fiero. 2m4(My Fixer Upper) 73K miles.

IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart
Member
Posts: 12143
From: Metro Detroit
Registered: Mar 2003


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss my Firebird. 67. 400 small block. 3 speed with a shift kit. Built for the track by po. Went thru a set of rear tires in 4 months. One time I was in the middle lane and one of my buddies pulls along side of me and blasts his horn as he flies by. I dropped it into 2nd and popped the clutch, tires smoking, shift into 3rd, tires still smoking and catch up to him. The worst thing was the clutch in San Fran. I'm glad I was in shape but it still burned!
IP: Logged
Jncomutt
Member
Posts: 8876
From: Charlotte, NC
Registered: Apr 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttClick Here to Email JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A turbo cobalt walked away from me in my supercharged v-series, careful what you make of those lil 4 cyl cars. Most are 13 second cars at best, but now and then, some run 11s.
IP: Logged
Indyellowgt
Member
Posts: 1950
From: Alfred,Maine,Fiero Country,USA
Registered: Dec 2000


Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtClick Here to Email IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome story Homie.. loved it..
IP: Logged
Indyellowgt
Member
Posts: 1950
From: Alfred,Maine,Fiero Country,USA
Registered: Dec 2000


Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtClick Here to Email IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome video nosrac! What an amazing fiero!!
IP: Logged
ggfoster
Member
Posts: 93
From: Marietta, GA, USA
Registered: Nov 2012


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ggfosterClick Here to Email ggfosterSend a Private Message to ggfosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Jncomutt:

A turbo cobalt walked away from me in my supercharged v-series, careful what you make of those lil 4 cyl cars. Most are 13 second cars at best, but now and then, some run 11s.


Yeeeaaahhh...I used to have a '07 Suzuki SX4 with one of those little 4 cylinder engines in it. It had all of 140 hp when I bought it. I got it because it had great mpg and I needed that at the time. Plus I liked that it was AWD because I used to run up to the mountains a lot for backpacking and it is essentially a purpose built rally car so it took the dirt roads well. I originally had never planned on racing it anywhere, but after a turbo install coupled with it already being AWD it really whipped the crap out of a lot of other cars as long as there wasn't a massive straightaway. It was a good little hatchback....until I gave it to my brother and he destroyed it...
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock