" I wouldve beat you if..." by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD
Started on: 11-09-2012 03:05 PM
Replies: 47 (1090 views)
Last post by: HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD on 05-01-2013 12:22 PM
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't the ricers challenge me in my WRX? :P Maybe it's cause they hear my turbo whining loudly through my exhaust? Nice story!

Well, I had one kid try to prove everything to me with his Neon SRT4. He kept challenging me to races, finally one I accepted, though it was near a part of town that was quite full of cops so I took it easy. He tried doing the honk thing, and he went early, then I just matted it too short shifted, so I had to build boost. Once I hit 4000 RPMs I was flying up on him, and all he does is cut into my lane blocking me off forcing me to hit the brakes, then he slides back into his lane and takes off more. Some people don't like it when their "Fast car" is actually slow :P

I was also REALLY Hoping he would have gotten pulled over...
IP: Logged
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

There`s quite a few of those turboed 4 cyl Chrysler minivans around now. Some run as fast as low teens if I remember right.

This was probably the most famous in it`s day http://www.turbovan.net/van.html
Video clips at bottom of page. I`m sure many other followed his lead.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-29-2013).]

FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

A turbo cobalt walked away from me in my supercharged v-series, careful what you make of those lil 4 cyl cars. Most are 13 second cars at best, but now and then, some run 11s.

Maybe so, but there's nothing like the sound of a big block Chevy idling next to you, not to mention the feel of the ground rumbling.

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

This was probably the most famous in it`s day http://www.turbovan.net/van.html
Video clips at bottom of page. I`m sure many other followed his lead.

A few took it a step farther
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Maybe so, but there's nothing like the sound of a big block Chevy idling next to you, not to mention the feel of the ground rumbling.

Nothin says intimidation like a SBC/BBC commin up on the revs at the line/stop light. Gettin the Buicks out next weekend to do some more battle action. ;P
V8 Vega

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm old, when I was younger you heard cars with cams and headers all the time. Now I haven't heard that in years on the street, only at the drags or at a car show and even at car shows most of the engines are real mild. Even Hot Rod magazine is doing a lot of nostalgia articles. It almost seems as if hot rods are dead. there are no drag strips in southern California anymore except Bakersfield and that is more central Calif. and a long drive from what was the heartland of hot rods. There is Pomona but its only used a couple of times a year for the very professional drag racing. Young guys today still are interested in fast cars but it seems like many many more were back in the day.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD:

Nothin says intimidation like a SBC/BBC commin up on the revs at the line/stop light. Gettin the Buicks out next weekend to do some more battle action. ;P

Yeah, I remember when my dad bought an 87 Regal Turbo new. That thing was a beast before he got into the chips, induction and turbo. Of course GM with their infinite wisdom dropped the whole G body after finally getting it right.

He never would let me drive it. Looking back, it was probably a good thing.

------------------

Always
Loved
Fieros

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Yeah, I remember when my dad bought an 87 Regal Turbo new. That thing was a beast before he got into the chips, induction and turbo. Of course GM with their infinite wisdom dropped the whole G body after finally getting it right.

He never would let me drive it. Looking back, it was probably a good thing.

GM has been known to drop great things - especially when they outperform the GM flagship - the corvette. The aftermarket for these cars though, is pretty much outta control. They've got just about every part you can ever want/need for these things. I should have more updates for the turbo T this weekend in my other thread. Just need time to work on it...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock