GM USB radio connectivity issues by Xyster
Started on: 10-15-2012 10:27 PM
Replies: 7 (286 views)
Last post by: Xyster on 10-16-2012 11:35 AM
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife has a '12 Acadia with a USB port for the radio. According to the owners manual, USB storage devices can be used for MP3 playback.
The problem I have is when I use a thumb drive.
The radio reads: could not connect.
I have tried installing it with the radio off and on.
I have verified the correct file system (fat32).
I have verified the device is fully installed.
The computer can still read the drive.
The owners manual simply states portable hard drives, storage devices and mp3 players.

Any ideas where the hang up can be? Anyone else experience this with other GM vehicles?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone on the camaro forums could never get theirs to work either. Put your music on an ipod and plug it in that way or bluetooth music. I installed a OEM usb drive in my 2011 camaro and thats what I had to do.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. How big is the OE drive and how much does it cost?
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I was saying is that my camaro didn't get built with a usb port so I installed one using a kit from GM and could only get it to work with an iPod....sometimes. Its a crap shoot getting it to work. Owning that camaro made me loose all faith in GM. Worst car I ever owned. So get an ipod or forget using it. If you have bluetooth use that.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Understood. Thanks.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife's mom has a CTS with USB. She uses her iPod. Don't think she's ever used a thumb drive.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a recommended folder structure, format, etc for the thumbdrive? I have a USB aftermarket radio in the car that works with one thumbdrive, but not another.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Is there a recommended folder structure, format, etc for the thumbdrive? I have a USB aftermarket radio in the car that works with one thumbdrive, but not another.

The manual lists Fat 16 or Fat 32 but has no limitations (listed) for folders. I'll try reformatting the thumbdrive and locating another (I don't want to start buying them when I know I have several hidden throughout the house).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock