Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  What happened? Now sporty 4 doors with an auto/DSG other than GTI?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What happened? Now sporty 4 doors with an auto/DSG other than GTI? by Fformula88
Started on: 10-06-2012 12:52 PM
Replies: 6 (173 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 10-11-2012 08:07 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been casually looking at potential daily drivers lately. Was thinking I would pick up a sporty 4 door, (think WRX, etc), so it is convenient with my daughter when hauling her around, and still enjoyable for me on a daily basis. We have an Outback as a family hauler, so I am not worried about needing a huge vehicle. Being quick is a plus, but I also love cars that handle well in turns and curves, stick to the road, etc. Had an 07 WRX and loved it.

That said, I can put together a long list of sporty compact 4 doors... and other than the GTI none of them have an automatic or DSG option. (I think the Mitsu Ralliart has one too, but I am not sure I would put money down on a Mitsu, I do not think the company is long for the US market).

I can hear the crowd booing now! Honestly, I am fine with having a stick myself. However, my wife is not (and to be honest, I am not sure she ever will be. She can get herself around, but doesn't need another task to do while navigating roads). She is fine with me getting a stick, but there are enough times when she has needed to drive my car, when her's in in for service or what not. (Plus I have my Fiero for my stick fix).

So mostly this is just a rant. I have driven the GTI before, and the DSG is an amazingly sporty gearbox if you don't want a true stick. I am just surprised nobody offers an auto in any of their sport minded models. With so few people going stick in the US anymore, I would think they could get more sales.

Oh well. Might have to scratch the idea! GTI is a terrific driving car, but I am not sure it is me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
go drive a chevy sonic...
we got one at work.. and it makes the colbalt look like a chevette..
it has a manual mode with up/down shifting on the shifter and you use your thumb
it is quite fast... the 10 gallon fuel tank will make you feel right at home ..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-06-2012).]

PontiacJoe1995

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJoe1995Send a Private Message to PontiacJoe1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you thought of looking at the Ford Focus? GTi's are nice too. The Sonic as well.
Chrysler is coming out with a small car soon , it's rumored.

Joe.

------------------
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT.
1987 Merkur XR4Ti.
1986 SAAB 900 Turbo.
1994 Ford Taurus SHO ( Sold )
Subaru Justy , Isuzu Impulse , or a Pontiac Sunbird Turbo wanted.

naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It ain't small, but my G8 is a fun and sporty 4 door sedan with an auto

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not go the mitsu rout as the lancer I think is going to be done with next year
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mazda 3?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_3 shows a 5 and 6 speed manual being available.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-10-2012).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mopar/fiat dart.. looks like fun..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock