Started on: 07-11-2012 07:42 PM
Replies: 6 (440 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 07-17-2012 07:47 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go to buy a 68 Camaro or Chevelle, have police check all VIN numbers, not just the dash and obvious plates. Several were stolen from the Good Guys car show this past weekend in Columbus out of hotel parking lots. Thieves can use VIN plates from other cars or alter engine numbers, or even sell them in a state that dont require a title. Just a heads up buyer beware. Also question any mint condition parts for those cars offered. I do know the Camaro is brite red.

*edited to delete wrong article

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-12-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jims 84

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims 84Send a Private Message to Jims 84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, those cars were stolen at last years show, not this year.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have googled it and got a wrong article. Over 2 cars were stolen last saturday nite. Its odd that they were also Camaros, Chevelles and Novas. They were also stolen on Rt 161 hotels. But it definately happened this year too. One stolen this week was a brother of someone I know.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I must have googled it and got a wrong article. Over 2 cars were stolen last saturday nite. Its odd that they were also Camaros, Chevelles and Novas. They were also stolen on Rt 161 hotels. But it definately happened this year too. One stolen this week was a brother of someone I know.

The cars stolen was it during a show and if so, why wasn't there guards in the parking lot? To arrive with beautiful and expensive classic cars and then drop your guard because your at a show. As the old saying goes, "Thieves come in the night."
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both years they were stolen at motels where the owners were staying, and all on Rt 161/ Dublin-Granville Rd. This is why when I do take one of mine out of town overnite, I make arrangements to keep it stored somewhere like a car dealer or gas station overnite. Never in a parking lot unless Im sleeping in it.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even sleeping in them isn't safe, I woke up as a car was backing up to my 84 Fiero...
If they had not noticed me in the car and took off, I might have had an altercation.
I was able to call the cops with their plate tho!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CCP

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock