2003 Chevy S10 clutch problem by Pappy
Started on: 07-10-2012 09:45 PM
Replies: 4 (707 views)
Last post by: outlawfiero17 on 07-22-2012 05:33 PM
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just helped my son get a 2003 S10 / ZR-2
Pushing in the clutch is very hard through its entire travel and hard to hold to the floor - Lots of resistance. It does disengage and the transmission shifts fine, but I'd rather not see the boy having a gargantuan muscled left leg

Anyone ever have this problem and conquered it - Please no pictures of you over developed left legs
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has it ever been replaced? your describing a performance clutch.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...or a clutch with a good deal of wear.
As the disk wears, the fingers will stick out a bit farther. The hydraulics will automatically adjust the pedal, to a point, but the fingers will become harder to push.
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tstang - I don't know when if ever it was replaced, anyway is their a way to tell if it's a performance clutch - inspection window, markings or something?

Raydar - It is a hydraulic system I think I read that the slave was inside the transmission

I'm very glad we have this new section

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 07-11-2012).]

outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There should be a rubber oval plug somewhere on the bell housing used to inspect the amount of material left on the disc. I say if the PP is colored or you see a "puck" like clutch disc.( seeing sections of disc evenly spaced) then you might have a performance clutch.

I know my co-worker had replaced his clutch and didnt bleed the line and he had similar issues till the slave blew out. If its hyd. Try flushing the system and giving it a good bleeding.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock