Why scrap LNF ecotec swapped fiero? by MaderaFiero
Started on: 12-03-2023 07:58 PM
Replies: 8 (260 views)
Last post by: MaderaFiero on 12-15-2023 10:28 AM
MaderaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2023 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaderaFieroSend a Private Message to MaderaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stumbled across a junked nearly finished turbo lnf ecotec swapped 5spd 88 SE. It was so sad to see someone give up. Why don’t folks just post them here for others to pick up where they left off if they couldn’t finish it. If anybody needs parts it’s in Fresno Jensen’s pull and save in the south west corner.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2023 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the owner probably realized what a pain in the ass it would be to pass California's pathetic smog rules with a non-stock engine.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it this one? I saw it listed but of course there was no mention of the engine swap (no picture either).

MaderaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaderaFieroSend a Private Message to MaderaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is it. Interior was gutted and motor and trans just mounted. To remove it will just be cradle bolts and struts as that’s as far as they got. The trans is 3:82 ratio code indicating limited slip. If I had the money I’d get it but I just don’t of course.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update! This is car 1G2PE11R6JP201191 (so the Database Guy can add it to his list).

I had searched the forum back when it first appeared but there was no earlier mention of it here.
MaderaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2023 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaderaFieroSend a Private Message to MaderaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the owner probably realized what a pain in the ass it would be to pass California's pathetic smog rules with a non-stock engine.

Thanks for the welcoming. Been a long time since I’ve been on here. Still got my Fiero’s from back in the day. My projects and parts donors. I use to be Fresno Fiero then someone else did one similar around the time life got busy for me about 15 years ago. Currently my 6 year old and my 4 year old are trying to decide which of daddy’s Fiero’s they want for their first car. Lol
FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2023 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MaderaFiero:

That is it. Interior was gutted and motor and trans just mounted. To remove it will just be cradle bolts and struts as that’s as far as they got. The trans is 3:82 ratio code indicating limited slip. If I had the money I’d get it but I just don’t of course.

Just checked their online inventory. No Fiero shown at the Pick-n-Pull yard on Jensen Ave. in Fresno. May have been crushed already.

------------------
FierOmar

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2023 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierOmar:

Just checked their online inventory. No Fiero shown at the Pick-n-Pull yard on Jensen Ave. in Fresno. May have been crushed already.

Yeah, it disappeared last week from their inventory (I check all the time). It had been there a couple months already if I remember right.

MaderaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2023 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaderaFieroSend a Private Message to MaderaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such a sad ending to a 88 and a cool swap combo.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock