88 Fieros in Grand rapids and Rocklin by cvxjet
Started on: 03-08-2021 12:20 PM
Replies: 17 (317 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 03-12-2021 08:37 AM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are 1988 Fieros in junk yards; In Grand Rapids, MI, there is one at the Weller Self-serve yard. In Rocklin, CA there is another that just arrived on the 4th in the Pick&Pull.

If anyone can get to these, it would be smart to grab the brake calipers, the rear suspension/subframe and the headlight wire harness. Obviously, there are other parts that you can get also, but the brakes are the critical- don't let any 88 brake calipers go to the crusher!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a search running that tells you these things or do you just look at specific yards from time to time?

I've been wanting to take a road trip up to Napa area but my wife would take a dim view of a trip to the bone yard ...
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get email alerts from Row 52
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually just check "Row52" every so often; I do a country wide search for 88s (They are scarce and especially the brake calipers are hard to find) and then a local search for "84-88" in N. CA for me personally.

Row52 is very good, but there are a number of yards that don't subscribe so in your local area you may have JYs with Fieros that don't show on my search.

I would do the text message thing but I am an old fool and have only a flip phone....(I don't want to become a "Pod person")
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I check every Friday night.... If there's a new Fiero somewhere reasonably close, I go there first thing Saturday.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

You can get email alerts from Row 52

Thanks for sharing that! I just set up an account and profile. That 88 at Pick-n-Pull Rocklin only arrived there just a few days ago!! It's a shame to see what appears to be a Fiero in good shape wind up abandoned ...
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

In Rocklin, CA there is another that just arrived on the 4th in the Pick&Pull.

Hey cvxjet,

That Rocklin 88 GT showed up on the website on Thursday night and Jenny went out to pick parts first thing Friday morning. She had the day off. I had to work.

She pulled the seats, the HVAC/radio console, visors, aux gauge set, right side taillight, seat belt receptacles, a few other bits and pieces I don't recall right now, and the REAR CALIPERS.

I'm not sure if the front calipers are still there. Some guy showed up while she was pulling parts and tried to bully his way in for those rear calipers. A attractive blonde in a junk yard is an unusual sight but she brought her grown son for that reason. When he popped up from behind the car it was enough to dissuade him. He may have come back for the front calipers.

That guy knew enough to want those 88 calipers. If he is a member here, and is reading this, SHAME ON YOU for trying to intimidate a woman. And by the way, she's a resourceful gal ... and not without "personal protection" in these situations. You might think about that should your paths cross again.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would anyone try to be....Grabby or intimidating in the JY? Especially since, if you need calipers, let me know; I have three sets of JY ones that are probably rebuildable....And I would like to recoup my costs in getting them but it is not a requirement- depending on YOUR financial situation.

I have only seen maybe 3 women in the JYs- and I always was A) Impressed, and B) polite, and C) helpful

Hey, Ron, did you happen to get the quarter windows? I only need the rear parts so the front edges can be damaged (Back maybe 6-7")....Both of mine have cracks and one is crazed (Worse than the owner....)
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

Hey cvxjet,

That Rocklin 88 GT showed up on the website on Thursday night and Jenny went out to pick parts first thing Friday morning. She had the day off. I had to work.

She pulled the seats, the HVAC/radio console, visors, aux gauge set, right side taillight, seat belt receptacles, a few other bits and pieces I don't recall right now, and the REAR CALIPERS.

I'm not sure if the front calipers are still there. Some guy showed up while she was pulling parts and tried to bully his way in for those rear calipers. A attractive blonde in a junk yard is an unusual sight but she brought her grown son for that reason. When he popped up from behind the car it was enough to dissuade him. He may have come back for the front calipers.

That guy knew enough to want those 88 calipers. If he is a member here, and is reading this, SHAME ON YOU for trying to intimidate a woman. And by the way, she's a resourceful gal ... and not without "personal protection" in these situations. You might think about that should your paths cross again.

HA I was going to ask you if thats where those seats came from
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are 1988 Fieros in junk yards; In Grand Rapids, MI, there is one at the Weller Self-serve yard. In Rocklin, CA there is another that just arrived on the 4th in the Pick&Pull.

If anyone can get to these, it would be smart to grab the brake calipers, the rear suspension/subframe and the headlight wire harness. Obviously, there are other parts that you can get also, but the brakes are the critical- don't let any 88 brake calipers go to the crusher!

I wonder if one is a red notchie. My old car had a lot of new parts on it. Like nos dew wipes. and other stuff,m rack, brakes headlight motors etc. I got bumped by a stupid BMW and even thought there was not a lot of damage, the insurance company totaled it and offered me a price that was lets say Blue Sky. So I purchased a GT. The car went to Wellers here in GR.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-09-2021).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Especially since, if you need calipers, let me know

Hey, Ron, did you happen to get the quarter windows?

We don't really need calipers at this time, but with two 88's in the stable right now we just wanted to save them from the crusher and have them on hand when needed.

Jenny looked at the quarter windows right off. She said they were both cracked.
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rsvl-Rider

1219 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by skywurz:

HA I was going to ask you if thats where those seats came from

If you mean the seats on Craigslist, they are not mine. But we did get a nice pair from the 88 in Rocklin Pick n Pull. Probably the nicest Fiero seats I have even seen in a junk yard. I doubt they will be offered for sale.
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh no no i mentioned the seats on CL and you had mentioned you just came into a set from an 88 so thx but no thx. Then i remembered the 88 in Rocklin and was going to ask but then saw the post.
88 Database Guy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were those Rocklin seats Cloth, Cloth with Lumbar, or Leather? Asking for a friend with a database...

Also, 5spd or auto?
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Database Guy:

Were those Rocklin seats Cloth, Cloth with Lumbar, or Leather? Asking for a friend with a database...

Also, 5spd or auto?

Database Guy you will get a pm soon i just picked up another 88
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Database Guy:

Also, 5spd or auto?

Cloth seats, 5 speed.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
other parts to grab are those sway bar brackets on the strut towers. any of the dot matrix pieces that are not broken. head light harness and relay from 87-88. sub?
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2021 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That GT in Rocklin CA is a twin to mine.... Same color and just four numbers earlier according to the VIN.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock