Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero book selling for over $900 on Amazon -Holy Smoke!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero book selling for over $900 on Amazon -Holy Smoke! by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 02-09-2021 08:57 PM
Replies: 24 (852 views)
Last post by: LorettaKelly on 08-17-2022 06:05 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the best books on Pontiac Fiero history was written by Gary Witzenburg and its called Fiero - Pontiac's Potent Mid-Engine Sports Car. Its a great hard cover book that explains the cars development at GM the proposals for new designs and just about all else in the cars history. The book has been out of print for a few years and I wanted to read my copy tonight. I thought that I misplaced my copy (but later found it) but in the process I began checking online to see if they were still available. They sure are but for $911 shipped on Amazon. Talk about scalpers. That's nuts! I've purchased low mileage engines for less money. Would you fork over $900 for a book??

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Would you fork over $900 for a book??

I have a pristine book but it is not for sale. Unless someone wants to give me $899.

[This message has been edited by LT188GT (edited 02-11-2021).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have both the first and second editions that I would let go for $898. OBO.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I scanned the book and put it in Dropbox for free
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Link?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

That was very nice of you to share a book that is worth more than some used cars. If you add the sales tax , the price on Amazon came to over $950. That is really over the top.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was very nice of you to share a book that is worth more than some used cars. If you add the sales tax , the price on Amazon came to over $950. That is really over the top.

Just because somebody is asking that much for it does not mean its worth that much.
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Current bid for this Ferrari book is $3850; the price of a drivable Fiero! Lol!

https://bringatrailer.com/l...l-ferrari-opus-book/
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would you fork over $900 for a book??

It all depends on the content.

If the book contained the recipe of Coca-Cola, ohh yes, no doubt.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wrote this post because I am taken back when I see insatiable GREED. Yes the supply and demand formula comes into play but geeze really now, what is a book made of paper and cardboard worth? This book is not a one of a kind of artwork, but an item of which many thousands were printed. We may even see it reprinted again as the Fiero Store last did. People can spend their money as they wish but the people looking to take advantage of a situation will end up being taken advantage off when their time comes

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not an act of greed.

This is someone either who made a mistake or just foolishly things someone will pay that.

The common price for these is well below $50 in prime condition.

As for prices on rare parts.... car collecting and restoration is a business not a social program. The values are what drive people to make parts for cars. If there is no money there are no parts.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2021 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not a mistake. The price is intentional. It's just part of the book/media industry. They play it like the stock market is played today.
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

It's not a mistake. The price is intentional. It's just part of the book/media industry. They play it like the stock market is played today.

This is very true. If you look 3 more have popped up and the lowest is 750. These are all from book stores hedging bets.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look at Amzn and others, you find Many things have jacked up prices when fools think is "rare." And this is way before CCP Virus panic.
Example: When Kodak went Bankrupt, supplies for EasyShare printers shot up 3+ times MSRP. Example: Before Bankrupt, Kodak's Photo printers refills cost ~ $0.30 per "page." PH-160 "refill" for Series 3 printer from ~ $50 to 100-150$us and stayed there. Unless you had a business require this, most printers never even used 1 PH-40 refill (pn is number of prints too.) and they cost 30-90$ now. G-xx refills are high to costing ~ $1.00 or more per "page." I still find full packs at flea markets etc for pennies or free. (These are "dye-sub" printers and supplies last decades.) You can go to just about anyplace and print same or bigger photos for less money stored on any media in most to all formats. ("Raw" is depending what device made and printer program. Every camera can have different Raw files when they have the option.)

Any "Out of Print" Books etc then many jack prices no matter how rare. Like Many Fiero sellers claim is "rare" and have high price for a junk car because have big rust and other problems.
Even if books etc are new many jack up the price. Just look at "See all buying options" on amzn...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before everyone gets unglued here one just sold on E bay last month for $14.95

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fi...c:g:-PsAAOSw9JJf-du1

These high prices are just people trolling for idiots. God knows we have enough of them they get a bite once in a while.
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone check to see if available in a library?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sledcaddie:

Anyone check to see if available in a library?

IMSA GT in this thread said that he scanned the book and put it online. Its a great book on the car and its history and you may find it on his Dropbox. Just for info I paid $29 for my copy when it was printed as a second edition.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On EBAY they have it for as low as $125......On Abe books they have a version (1990) for as low as $94

Anyone who "Jumps" at a price like that ($900) without doing some research is a fool and probably should lose all of their money.......
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a copy of that book, Hulki and Gary both autographed it. Mine should be worth way more!

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 02-24-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I have a copy of that book, Hulki and Gary both autographed it. Mine should be worth way more!

Well you never know but Fiero owners can be a bit stingy.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have both editions which I will see as a set for the bargain price of $799.00 each! :-)
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well you never know but Fiero owners can be a bit stingy.

This exactly!!! Hmm someone wrote in this book its unusable!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If some one wrote in it I want a discount! Lol!
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Why would I want a book that some big green weirdo had scribbled in...?

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 02-26-2021).]

LorettaKelly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2022 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorettaKellySend a Private Message to LorettaKellyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get it for free if it is not too late? I am a book collector and I would be delighted to get it. I like editions about cars and also about some fiction. My last discovery is the "Red Kayak" novel by Priscilla Cummings. I didn't understand it very well, but https://free...ry/red-kayak explained to me the essence of themes like loyalty, choices, and courage. Brady's story about his guilt feeling impressed me enough. Shortly, I am a big book lover.

[This message has been edited by LorettaKelly (edited 08-22-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock