DIY 3D Print Center Console Parts by Stricken
Started on: 02-09-2021 10:09 AM
Replies: 5 (636 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 02-17-2021 02:34 PM
Stricken

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StrickenSend a Private Message to StrickenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was fortunate to get an Arizona car, so no rust. Unfortunately, the plastic console skeleton bits were crumbling pretty bad, so I decided to 3D print new ones. I designed replacements for the console skeleton up to the base of the radio, shifter surround frame, the skeleton of the armrest, and a firewall passthrough for your motor swap harness. These are all optimized for printing compared to the stock pieces. While they aren't 100%, they worked well enough for me. I've added step files so you can edit the solid model yourself if you want.

These files are meant to be for DIY-ers, so I'm not really looking to sell them. My hope is to make it easier for people with access to printers to make the bits they need.

https://www.thingiverse.com/stricken/designs

<A Class="HTMLBodyLink" HREF="https://www.thingiverse.com/stricken/designs" TARGET=_blank>https://www.thingiverse.com..._235115697.jpg[/img]</A>

[This message has been edited by Stricken (edited 02-09-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stricken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrickenSend a Private Message to StrickenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

https://www.thingiverse.com/ ?

Yes! I forgot to paste the link. Corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.
str8maxn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These files are meant to be for DIY-ers, so I'm not really looking to sell them. My hope is to make it easier for people with access to printers to make the bits they need.

Your a good man.... THank you.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Stricken! That is impressive as all get out!

-Van
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you can add tabs to the harness passthrough to make it interlock. I made this resistor holder for the pullup resistor on my MS3 install.

if you look closely, you can see that it's one part, printed twice, so that one flips onto the other and interlocks.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock