Changing colors... by Fripp64
Started on: 01-29-2021 04:57 PM
Replies: 7 (309 views)
Last post by: Australian on 02-05-2021 04:12 AM
Fripp64

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After going back and forth I pulled the trigger and decided to wrap my '87 GT in Gloss Black Metallic. Happy Birthday to me April 19th---it's the soonest my buddy has an opening for a full car wrap at his shop. I've always wanted a black Fiero and it'll preserve the original car underneath. Thanks for looking :-)
Here is the before

What she'll look like after (Photoshop)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my before and after
Fripp64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

my before and after

That turned out great---love your windshield banner
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fripp64:

After going back and forth I pulled the trigger and decided to wrap my '87 GT in Gloss Black Metallic. Happy Birthday to me April 19th---it's the soonest my buddy has an opening for a full car wrap at his shop. I've always wanted a black Fiero and it'll preserve the original car underneath. Thanks for looking :-)
Here is the before

You don't need to change the whole car - just match the bottom to the top. Makes a world of difference.
I was looking into a complete re-pint just to change the color, as almost every car I've owned was red or maroon, and I was just tired of it. In the meantime, I painted the bottom trim to match - and I like it so much I comletely forgot about the idea of changing color.

Before: Same color combo as yours

After: (with new wheels and some body mods, but the same paint from the trim up)

Fripp64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trivet---that looks soooooooo good and I love the wheels. I'm going for a wrap so the factory colors underneath will be protected but still give me a color change to black. I'll post pics when she's done.

J.
thejinx13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thejinx13Send a Private Message to thejinx13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually haven't seen a full wrap like that before. Is it much cheaper than paint?
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIY wraps are way cheaper. $400-800 depending on material.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prepare to buy lots of materieal to wrap as it is your first time. I honestly think painting is easier for my skill set.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock