LS4 SWAP by streetrod1
Started on: 01-14-2021 02:54 PM
Replies: 1 (323 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 01-14-2021 06:52 PM
streetrod1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetrod1Send a Private Message to streetrod1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally found a low mileage ls4 for my swap. i wanted something that didn't need a total rebuild and had low mileage in hopes to do a dod delete and cam swap and move on.
Ended up with a gxp engine that has just 22000 km. Lol thats less than 14000 earth miles..so with new gaskets and seals and dod gone along with cam swap will be in business.
Dude bought it as a spare for his driver when it was year old.
Next will be trans. Im gonna eventually just get a new trans with a posi unit..no one wants to install it twice.
Getting excited. I have done 4 carb LS swaps for other things and i already have the carb intake and intake and ignition covered along with an e trans trans controller.
Gonna use a 80s monte carlo 4.3 fuel;pump for my fuel delivery and employ a ford expedition filter to keep tank return along with a weber regulator i have.
? in 05-07 gm made an L33 engine with flat tops using same style ls4 cathedral port head and cam specs to ls4 are *almost* identical.
The l33 makes 15more hp than the ls4 at crank and i dont know why?
Anybody know difference between ls4 and l33? it could maybe be the wrist pins but that won't free up 15hp.
Also anybody got trans spec advise. I like going to car shows and occasionally making tires smoke. What's best specs for 4t65e that will last?
Also I see carb guys getting hood closed with carbs..i hope i can i hate hatcheting up a hood. will a drop down air cleaner and a 2" filter do it?
What are people doing for shifters..most b/m's ive had are junk..i have plexiglass to make a console top bezel i may try using a lokar and part of a fiero mount welded or bolted to it cutting a circle out
in my plexiglass then do a neat round or accordion looking boot. i can dremel out or use my air saw for pw switch holes and eliminate ash trays and it will match my digital gauges once painted.
Anybody heard of Kilduff machine https://www.kilduffmachine.com
They make some bitchin shifters but they do not include cable its additional cost..i almost think i could get the chevelle looking horseshoe one to work and look almost gm.
During holiday season i called to see if there was any holiday promo..he told me no but said he'd give me 5 percent..id say ill end up with a short lokar .. i have one with ball and t handle in my 33 ford and i like it. It does a good job but adjusting the neutral safety and bu light switch is a pain.
My goal is to have it done and driveable by Oct 2021 and to drop it off at painter then..we will see..im gonna put it on lift..go over front end and bushings and do larger needed radiator..working my way back toward rear..then when at rear drop rear suspension and install my modified cradle and engine..im gonna make a false bottom about 5 in up in trunk that's carpeted like trunk hiding the msd 6014 and my trans control ..i have a holley tps that goes around double pumper choke for tps switch.
i will take any advice offered because knowledge is power. Just dont rag on me about carbs lol because i can tune one to run with fi all day long.
also anybody got any carmine interior panels i need passenger pillar mine has a crack near speaker.
im starting with a 24000 mi notchback..doing this one up just how i want it for a keeper.
LET THE HP GAMES BEGIN !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would recommend you start a single thread and keep posting all your questions, a couple at a time, in that one thread. It will be easier for people to answer the questions and easier for you to revert back to that thread when you want to remember something.

The difference in the LS4 and the L33 is the crappy LS4 intake and FWD exhaust manifolds.

Posi in a Fiero more often than not is a bad idea. With the transverse layout, there isn't unequal loading of the rear tires common in front engine/rear wheel application (so Fieros normally don't do 1 wheel burnouts). The other issue is breaking traction on both rear wheels when the Fiero isn't going perfectly straight will cause it to flip 180 in half a second in a non-recoverable manner. There is no drifting or hanging the rear end out, lose traction in the rear and the car swaps ends.

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock