Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  An '88 GT Project Package, Would Like To Hear Your Thoughts...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
An '88 GT Project Package, Would Like To Hear Your Thoughts... by Windshear II
Started on: 01-10-2021 05:57 PM
Replies: 8 (361 views)
Last post by: msweldon on 01-21-2021 04:07 PM
Windshear II

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Windshear IISend a Private Message to Windshear IIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. My name is Stephen, and I used to be pretty active on this forum. Times have changed along with interests, so I'm probably never going to get back into Fiero-related pursuits. My car has sat up for about 8 years or close to that, so I have to classify it as a "project" vehicle. It is an '88 GT, the car has about 75K on it. About 5-6 years ago, I put all four wheels on ramps so I could change out the fuel pump in the tank. I replaced the unit with a Bosch item, including the special required fuel line inside the tank. It was expensive, like $35 for 18 inches of hose. Anyway, it was done CORRECTLY, with all the small fasteners put back into place along the fuel tank. THAT is where I stopped.
There is no fuel in the tank at all. Has not been since tank was cleaned out for repair. New fuel pump strainer inside the tank is just that, new. Along with the car, I have a ton of new parts that will be included. Some of them are...
~ 4 New BFG tires on gold Fiero wheels. Not on car.
~ Inner and outer dew strips, brought on here.
~ Serpentine belt and idler pulley, bought on here.
~ New transmission shifter cable, Fiero Store.
~ New lumbar air-bag for seat, Dickie's Fiero parts.
~ Headlight rebuild kits, more new parts, and then some more new parts. I can't remember them all right now.
There is also a complete '87 engine\transmission that goes with it, so bring equipment to deal with that. It must go! Except for the headliner, interior will not need any work outside of the dew strips.
Now for the disclaimer!
This vehicle may simply start up with some fuel in the tank. It may not. But if you prefer the car to be running before buying it, I can get it to that stage for an additional five hundred bucks. No matter if it is a $20 part or not, running will cost you five more. As it currently sits, $1000 for the whole package including a clear title. It will need paint (weather beaten), it will need a battery, and headliner. The rest of the items I already have and will include them. Tail lights have started to delaminate. I've owned the car since about '92, but my passion is for my "needs to be restored" Jeep CJ-7. I can't do it and the Fiero.
I ran a similar ad here about this over a year ago, but nothing came out of it. If it doesn't go this time, I'll sell the big stuff and scrap the rest. That would be a shame, it's still a really nice solid car.
With a power steering system that made it wifey-drivable.

I will get some photos of it when I get home and clean it up a bit. Won't be too fast because I drive for a living and spend most of my time away from home. But she is a solid girl, not beat up or ragged out. Well worth the asking price. Thanks for looking!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Windshear II:
I will get some photos of it when I get home and clean it up a bit. Won't be too fast because I drive for a living and spend most of my time away from home. But she is a solid girl, not beat up or ragged out. Well worth the asking price. Thanks for looking!

When you get the pictures make a For Sale post in The Mall, which is where you'll find most of the tire kickers. Seems like a good price to me. Roller projects rather than drivable cars don't do very well --- someone can get the car cheaply picked up if it is drivable. Just sayin ...
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Windshear II:

With a power steering system that made it wifey-drivable.

You might want to make this your lead, instead of the last line. It sure got my attention. How about some details!

As usual, a couple of thousand miles away.

If you have a workable power steering system to part out at some point I would be totally interested for my 88 GT!

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 01-12-2021).]

msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any pics of the car?

PM sent
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send some pics. I may be close if you're in SC. Definitely interested.
Windshear II

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Windshear IISend a Private Message to Windshear IIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the car is in SC. And yes, it does have a working professionally- installed power steering setup. I know the Mall is the place to list the car for sale, but I wanted to check the interest level before doing so. I will post some before and after photos by the end of the month.

Stephen
Windshear II

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Windshear IISend a Private Message to Windshear IIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Windshear II

10 posts
Member since Feb 2013
I also have the big thick repair manual for the car by Helm Publishing.
Don't know if Fiero Phil is still active with the car, but I bought a huge stack (50+ perhaps) of the monthly publication more than a decade ago. Lot of info there...

-Stephen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What color is it?
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures to us over pm or here?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock