Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How much do you think this one is worth?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How much do you think this one is worth? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 01-10-2021 04:19 PM
Replies: 6 (310 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-12-2021 10:03 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84 Notchie in good condition- 55 k miles (not sure what the engine looks like or the underside/trunk other areas.

I like notches, never had an 84. I wouldn’t mind the 4 banger.

I’d say it’s worth half of what they are asking. Looks like they’ve been sitting on it for about two years.

I’ve had a few Fieros the past two decades, right now, I would totally enjoy a nice, slow, bumperpad Notchie Fiero.

But not for more than I would pay for a decent 88...

https://www.roemotorsny.com.../Connecticut/Suffolk
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 2 price guides say between 800-1600 depending on condition. NADA dealer retail says 5700 in mint condition or 1300 poor. I would say if it was mint 0 rust 1600 would sound right. But it would have had to of just been serviced have new tires (not just good tread rubber has a shelf life) .Also some point in the last 10 years suspension rubber needed to be replaced.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold a base 84 4 speed back in April of 2018. It had a radio and turbine wheels as the only options. It had 84,000 miles when I got it. Paid $250 dollars for it and sold it for $3800. The car you are looking at looks great in the pictures, and has plenty of options. But, a 4 cylinder automatic is going to be pretty slow. Even the 4 speed 4's are not jack rabbits. I have seen a number of 84's with asking prices in the 4-5 thousand range.
If you would like to see what $3800 bought 2 plus years ago, here is a link. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096847.html

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will not comment on price as 4 cylinders are generally cheap.

From the photo’s I would say it is a good car. The paint looks original and has been cared for. Wheels look good and the tires are old as they have not made those for a while.

Interior is clean and the dash is not delaminated over the radio. This tells me it was stored inside.

I would say this was someone’s toy and it saw a lot of weekend driving.

Check it for rust but in suspect it will be good.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies, guys.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She looks beautiful. I like the old 4Cyls as there are economic, angular, and super easy to find parts for when the need arises. When it comes to price it all depends on what you would pay. $500 or $5000 is all the perspective of buyer and seller. Emotional attachments can drive a price up quick as can buyer desire to have that specific car. Environment can do the same, such as at auctions. Whatever you do or pay as long as you are happy with it, ya dun' good!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-12-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe that there is that big of a market for a vehicle that looks like a sports car and performs like a city bus. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for something that offers that kind of sluggish performance and only then have to change engines. Getting on an interstate from the entrance ramp can be dangerous while driving a 24 sec 1/4 mile car. The Duke only has 95 HP when new. Put high miles on it and you're probably driving an 80 HP vehicle.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock