Found our old Fiero GT by SchrumClassicrides
Started on: 01-02-2021 11:24 AM
Replies: 12 (466 views)
Last post by: SchrumClassicrides on 01-08-2021 04:58 PM
SchrumClassicrides

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SchrumClassicridesSend a Private Message to SchrumClassicridesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long story short. I found our old 1987 Fiero GT after 15 years of it being sold to a junkyard after my grandfather had too many vehicles on the property. I found it locally and in the process of trying to purchase it back

The new owner is very understanding and is willing to sell it back to me. My grandparents purchased it locally brand new at a local Pontiac dealership. The car after all of these years still had the stickers on it
My apologies if there is another thread topic conversation about this. It will let me only go back two pages on this site now

I’m going to be needing a set of OEM GT rims soon when I get the car [img]//images.fiero.nl/ userimages/SchrumClassicrides/4D3C275D-2E31-4364-9644-83C63D5264B3.jpeg[/img]

[This message has been edited by SchrumClassicrides (edited 01-02-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can purchase that Fiero at a low enough price it should be worth restoring but my experience has shown that spending more to buy a very good condition car is often cheaper in the long run. For instance you buy a Fiero that needs paint. That's $4000-up just for that. Whichever way you decide to go, good luck and welcome to the forum community.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SchrumClassicrides:

It will let me only go back two pages on this site now.

That's because the default page view is set for the last 30 days. Change that setting (on the right-hand side of the screen) to "Show all topics" and you'll have 21 years worth of posts/threads to browse through.

An image posting tip - Hit the enter key twice after each image link to better format your post. And also, there can't be any spaces in the image address.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-03-2021).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Good luck - though, as stated, if has been sitting for years, and needs an interior, paint, etc, you can likely get a car that doesn't need all that work for far less money than it will cost to restore. With that said, if there is sentimental value, by all means go for it! Welcome to the forum
SchrumClassicrides

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchrumClassicridesSend a Private Message to SchrumClassicridesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone

I’ve ordered a owners manual for a ‘87 GT and a chiltons book

Can’t wait to get this car!!!

Yes this car has a lot of sentimental value

[This message has been edited by SchrumClassicrides (edited 01-02-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw you're also on Facebook so be sure to seek out Mike Valentine who just bought the Fiero Factory. He's a good source for parts and is in Alabama.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SchrumClassicrides:

I’ve ordered a owners manual for a ‘87 GT and a chiltons book.

Tthe GM factory service manuals have considerably more detail and useful info.

https://www.fierostore.com/...0%20%20%20%2087PRINT

SchrumClassicrides

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchrumClassicridesSend a Private Message to SchrumClassicridesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah that’s the one I think i got or the owners manual that looks exactly like it

Going to re look at the car here soon when it will quit raining

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a full set of OEM rims for ya. Shoot me a PM.
SchrumClassicrides

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchrumClassicridesSend a Private Message to SchrumClassicridesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I have a full set of OEM rims for ya. Shoot me a PM.

Where are you located? I’m trying to find some close to NC

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once you get the car, start making a list of all the little bits and bobs you are needing. I’ll go through my stuff and see what we can hook you up with.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-06-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
SchrumClassicrides

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchrumClassicridesSend a Private Message to SchrumClassicridesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I’ll let you know
SchrumClassicrides

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchrumClassicridesSend a Private Message to SchrumClassicridesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More photos of the Fiero that was my grandparents old car that I found a while back

Getting it back very soon I’m hopeful

[This message has been edited by SchrumClassicrides (edited 01-08-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock