Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  88GT Talbot yellow, 5 speed coming to Mechum auction in Kissimmee

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
88GT Talbot yellow, 5 speed coming to Mechum auction in Kissimmee by Curtisk1060
Started on: 01-01-2021 01:41 PM
Replies: 20 (586 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-15-2021 10:04 AM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI, low miles, Yellow 88GT 5 speed coming up at the Mechum auction in Kissimmee...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this is 1 of 200 built.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rare Talbot Yellow 1 of 241 produced
5-speed transmission
One owner car
10,000 miles
Leather
Loaded with options
Subwoofer
Original Goodyear GT+4 tires
From private collection
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When does the auction start?
jasper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like its going off on wed the 13th, Lot 215
swing69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swing69Send a Private Message to swing69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this will set the new standard of pricing! if anyone has one with 200K rotting away in their backyard, to them, its going to be 10K! lol
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by swing69:

this will set the new standard of pricing! if anyone has one with 200K rotting away in their backyard, to them, its going to be 10K! lol

But it will be a white 86 2.5l auto notch back lol
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m in on it. Calling the auction house today to set up an account. I’m debating on a top price for it. I’m nit going to $90k like the last one produced but I am willing to go to $30k site unseen. My yellow t-top was my all time favorite Fiero. I super regret selling it. It’s my favorite color combo!!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-04-2021).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I’m in on it. Calling the auction house today to set up an account. I’m debating on a top price for it. I’m nit going to $90k like the last one produced but I am willing to go to $30k site unseen. My yellow t-top was my all time favorite Fiero. I super regret selling it. It’s my favorite color combo!!!!

I think your number is fair but I believe it will do a tad more.

$33,000.00 to $36,500.00 is my number.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 01-04-2021).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think no lower then 28,000 to no more then 36,000
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The price will need two people going that high of price and good enough marketing to fine those two bidders.

I have seen two yellow T Top 88 GT’s go for under $18k in the last year. Both low mile all options.

Not going to say it will not happen but I am optimistic.
PFF
System Bot
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I saw one a little over a year ago, with 11k miles go for $17,000 (It wasn't a t-top). Auction atmosphere can sometimes inflate the price, (like said above) if 2 bidders are competing. Keep us updated on what it finally goes for. Also, with any low mileage Fiero, you wonder if it's been sitting for many years, or if it was taken out and driven every few months, to help keep rubber and seals in shape.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was also thinking of tracking down my old one....I would have to work fast!
jasper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bid goes on............
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jasper:

The bid goes on............

What did it get to?
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

What did it get to?

Currently at 22k, still open for bidding.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It didn't sell

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 01-14-2021).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You say it didn't sell, but what did it get up to..
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We bid it up to $22,000. There is no way to tell what the reserve was. I’m not sure who the owner is.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We bid it up to $22,000. There is no way to tell what the reserve was. I’m not sure who the owner is.

I'm guessing turnout was light due to Covid?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a very fair bid. I'm surprised that you went that high. Lets face it, rare color or not, this is still a lowly Pontiac Fiero.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock