Power Deck Lid Release by P 88 GT
Started on: 12-15-2020 04:22 PM
Replies: 4 (429 views)
Last post by: Australian on 01-06-2021 06:50 AM
P 88 GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2020 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for P 88 GTSend a Private Message to P 88 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting- All 88 GT's had remote deck lid release (A90) but was not listed as an option for US coupes. Info shows 279 had but 253 were on the 307 coupes exported to Canada (Z49). Did only 26 US cars have power deck release? The US Formula I owned had every available option
but no power mirrors or trunk. It was not difficult to add the release. The Canadian Formula I now have has it. Also all Canadian coupes had rear
window defogger (C49). I guess Pontiac knew it snows up here!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2020 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CMVSS may require rear defog for Canada vehicles. CMVSS is near exact same rules as FMVSS in the US But Some changes are made to sell vehicles in Canada.

Yes, Adding PL to rear is easy.
See my Cave, Trunk Release

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If by remote you mean it had a release for trunk inside car my 86 gt had it but i don't think any had a remote alarm with trunk release.
P 88 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for P 88 GTSend a Private Message to P 88 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow- a fiero in Australia-good for you. Most SE's and GT's had power deck lids as standard but for some reason was not listed as option for 88 coupes.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be pretty easy to make if you wanted one. Weld tab drill a hole where spring is latching closed. Add line a 4 mm tube hose with some inner cable. I have a heaver guage gas peddle as snapped the cable a few times and even broke my gas peddle off stomping it now fixed with improvements. I used to have a lead foot. Also have had to fix shifter cables as well.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 01-06-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock