Some new Vinyl... by Fripp64
Started on: 11-09-2020 02:54 PM
Replies: 10 (563 views)
Last post by: Australian on 12-09-2020 02:47 AM
Fripp64

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A buddy owns a vinyl shop and just sent me these two pics...he wrapped my mirrors and Roof and A pillars in gloss black and threw the Pegasus logo on the front fender....can't wait to go pick her up

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice...
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post some more pics of that roof! I've been thinking about doing exactly that to my 87, would love to see more pic!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, we want some more info on that roof-wrap. Looks great!

I'd like to know what he had to remove before applying the vinyl.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2020 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Yeah, we want some more info on that roof-wrap. Looks great!

I'd like to know what he had to remove before applying the vinyl.

I did my pillars in gloss then carbon fiber now matt / satin black and happiest

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-20-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I did my pillars in gloss then carbon fiber now matt / satin black and happiest.

As much as the two fastbacks in this thread look great with the black roof/A-pillars treatment, I think notchies with it done look even better.

I'm curious if the windshield molding needs to be removed in order to properly apply the wrap. My Formula could use this treatment, but I'm not keen to be removing the molding if indeed it needs to be removed in order to wrap.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although i did wrap mine i did also eventually paint it. When i wrapped it there was no need to remove pillars watch some youtube like did the second time. So hard to do as a novice.
Miel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MielSend a Private Message to MielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wrapped my complete 66 mustang it takes a lot of time (especially the first time) but can be done nicely. The Fiero roof doesn’t have any extreme curving and should be fairly easy. You don’t have to remove the seals and can just tuck the wrap a millimeter under but it needs to be very precise. Going to black is the hardest. The darker your actual color is the easier. So the hardest is going from white to black. If you have a black car it is a lot easier. Also to make the cuts really precise is easier than it looks if you get youself some knifeless tape. That stuff is magical.
str8maxn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

As much as the two fastbacks in this thread look great with the black roof/A-pillars treatment, I think notchies with it done look even better.

I'm curious if the windshield molding needs to be removed in order to properly apply the wrap. My Formula could use this treatment, but I'm not keen to be removing the molding if indeed it needs to be removed in order to wrap.

Nice ride do up have a build thread?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by str8maxn:

Nice ride do up have a build thread?

I think it's Australian you want.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-067740.html
One day i will take some pics showing the modified toms mr2 roof scoop or the side lourves also have original rear lourvre and splitters.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 12-09-2020).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock