Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Serious Crash Under Investigation In Jackson (Fiero involved)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Serious Crash Under Investigation In Jackson (Fiero involved) by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 10-24-2020 06:06 AM
Replies: 7 (559 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 10-31-2020 08:33 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope no one on the forum was involved.

Serious Crash Under Investigation In Jackson
By Chris Lundy -October 23, 2020

JACKSON – Police are looking into a serious crash near the intersection of South Hope Chapel Road and Freemont Avenue that injured two drivers.

The crash took place at around 2:45 p.m. on October 22. A 2010 Ford Edge was traveling south on South Hope Chapel Road. The driver made a left turn, causing the Ford to be in the path of a 1985 Pontiac Fiero.

Neither driver’s identities are being released at this time.

The driver of the Ford was taken to Ocean Medical Center in Brick.

The driver of the Fiero suffered more serious injuries and was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I contacted a friend who lives in Maryland. He checked into it and found that it was a young woman. She did not survive.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poor girl... Such a shame. RIP......

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I contacted a friend who lives in Maryland. He checked into it and found that it was a young woman. She did not survive.

I feel sorry for this young womans family . When we know her identity we will definitely send our condolences. This must have been a relatively high speed accident. If the focus turned into oncoming traffic say going at 50 mph, I can understand the fatality.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-14-2020).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would bet the Fiero went under the Edge. Probably a T-bone. The Edge is a pretty good-sized van and the road probably had at least a 55 mph speed limit for a Fiero to be damaged that severely or the Fiero was really flying. One of our member's daughter was hit head-on by an F150 and only suffered a bruised ankle and seat belt rash. It buckled the roof behind the sunroof.

Good idea, Dennis. I think the card is a good thing.

Edit: I just looked up the intersection in Jackson, NJ and the road they were on is a long straight road, so there may have been a speed factor involved.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 10-30-2020).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2020 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that about 10-15 miles from Joey and Dave?
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2020 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad situation.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 10-31-2020).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2020 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Isn't that about 10-15 miles from Joey and Dave?

I just checked in with Dave and he says the accident was about 5 miles from his house. He doesn't know the people involved.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock