Fiero - Corvette sighting Indianapolis by Steve25
Started on: 10-18-2020 09:24 AM
Replies: 2 (119 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 10-18-2020 06:02 PM
Steve25

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Click Here to Email Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,

I hope you are well.

I have not posted here in a long time. My Fiero is long gone. I had an 88 GT with a Supercharged 3800 with a NIC cam and some other goodies and a built 4T65e trans. 0 to 60 was 3.4 seconds.

I thought many times about getting another one. I really like Fieros. I was even in negotiations to buy another 88 GT and a LS4 engine swap partially done. But a friend convinced me that the engine was too heavy for a Fiero and would unduly upset the handling characteristics, too much additional weight too far back.

I still wanted an LS engine and ended up with a Corvette.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum10/HTML/000793.html

705 WHP\608 TQ. Haven't taken it to the drag strip myself but the previous owner ran a 9.89 @ 147 MPH with a 3.6" pulley and a poor tune, 677 WHP. I put a 3.4" pulley on it and have a much better tune.

I am posting this, no to brag but to report a Fiero - Corvette sighting. I was in the Indianapolis area, heading north on I-465 in the Lawrence area and saw a red 88 GT in the left lane. I eased over and when we made eye contact we gave each other a thumbs up. I am interested to see if he is on Pennock's.

As I said, I still like Fieros, I always have. I sometimes miss mine.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT\3800 SC\L67\L26\4T65E-HD (Retired)
2010 Corvette, Vortech V-3 Si, 3.4" pulley, meth, built 4L65E trans etc.

You can hedge your bet on a clean Corvette.

[This message has been edited by Steve25 (edited 10-18-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome stuff. Hopefully you can find that special Fiero again some day.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-18-2020).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The standalone engine weight of the LS4 is 478 lb, without any driven accessories. The weight of a 3800SC is about 450 lbs w/o accessories. The engine weights are comparable.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock