Draggy GPS Performance Meter by engine man
Started on: 10-11-2020 01:40 PM
Replies: 17 (389 views)
Last post by: Honest Don on 11-01-2020 06:49 PM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if any of you have heard of or tried this Draggy it does 1/4 mile and more and they claim accurate to within 1/100 of a second https://dragymotorsports.com/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its funny you bring this up. I was just looking at this last night and downloaded it to try later on. I would assume it is fairly accurate because it uses GPS. This will also depend of how accurate your phone (or whatever device you are using) is. If anything it will probably give us some decent baselines for performance.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought you had to buy the Draggy gps unit so the refresh rate is fast enough
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I didn't pay much attention to what all was required. That makes sense because when I opened the app is doesn't connect to the draggy gps. I just took it as I needed to set something up. After a quick search it does indeed look like you need the GPS device, That's what I get for not reading between the lines.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 10-11-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think as long as the refresh rate is fast enough it would be accurate
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
i did find this app and it is used on your smart phone and is GPS based https://play.google.com/sto...racer&hl=en_US&gl=US
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have to give it a try. Again it can at least be a good baseline for sure.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from what i understand is the phones gps is slow refresh rate of once per second and the draggy is 10 times per second
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which would explain why it is so expensive. I am ok getting within the ballpark. If I wanted to no kidding times just hit the track.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it will be in the ballpark maybe a few tenths off with the phone
Honest Don

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Honest DonSend a Private Message to Honest DonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one; it's pretty slick.

I haven't been to the track with it just yet, but searching around online shows them being within a tenth or better in most cases.

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok you have the Draggy it looks like it works good they are claiming with in one hundredth and i seen a price of $149 or did you buy yours for less thanks

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-11-2020).]

Honest Don

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Honest DonSend a Private Message to Honest DonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it as a present. 149 seems to be the going rate from what I can find.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool i will buy one when i get a few extra bucks
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I have read the G-Tech is among the best and most accurate of the dash mounted performance meters. It will provide 0-60 /1/4 mi times, horsepower and torque figures. The G-Tech performance pro SS model will provide all these measurements. You dial in your cars weight, engine size and a few other parameters and the G-Tech does the rest.
G-Tech Performance meter

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 10-21-2020).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Gtech I used it a lot. It does not use a GPS it calculates everything using Gyros and accelerometers . Mine is a very old model but it was tested by some magazines at a drag strip and is proven accurate to a 10th or so.

Looking at the new models I noticed they incorporated a GPS in now. And a colour screen and all kinds of stuff that mine does not have. Great tool, but I may sell mine because I do all my tuning and comparison runs with my HP tuners.

The Gtech is dead simple to use though, just plug in to your cigarette lighter and put in some simple info on your car and away you go.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I like the G tech but the car is up for it's winter nap
Honest Don

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Honest DonSend a Private Message to Honest DonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My personal results have similar accuracy.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock