How Long Before Avatar Displays? by GoGoFiero
Started on: 10-08-2020 11:00 AM
Replies: 8 (277 views)
Last post by: GoGoFiero on 10-09-2020 09:07 AM
GoGoFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel like I'm all thumbs with this avatar upload process. I obviously need help.

I have read the upload directions re the 70x70, gigs, etc. I have refreshed my screen.

I have created a URL for it.

I have uploaded several times and I do not see anything.

Is there a delay, or a wait period, for the image to be displayed? Or, is the image displayed immediately? Does the image have to be approved by a moderator? (My image is the cover of my Fiero book)

Thank you for your help.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If done according to the directions, it will display immediately. As a test, will it upload and display within a post?
GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good idea. Thank you. OK, here is the link to the URL:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ofrPYcMSgjoRVUPP9

GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GoGoFiero

43 posts
Member since Jan 2016
Seems like the link works.
GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GoGoFiero

43 posts
Member since Jan 2016
I just tried the link in my profile again. Nothing. Hmmm.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GoGoFiero:

Seems like the link works.

Make this simple for yourself. Upload your JPG image to the forum's own server, and link to that using the Image tab. After it appears in your post, copy the address of the image and use that when setting up your avatar.

Are you sure this is what you want your avatar to look like... after it's been shrunk down to a maximum 70 pixels in height? If so, just copy the image address from here and use it.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-09-2020).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is your image in 70x70

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-08-2020).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be aware This "Avatar" is basically Spam to most users and often not good business plan and could violate PFF rules. Ask the PFF owner before using this.

Better for you and rest is to Buy actual ad space like TFS and others above in the small "banner" at top of most pages.

As an Icon/Avatar, Is useless. Too much text and most of everything is too small after scaling to tell what you're looking at.
Buying a Banner allows more space and can be animated some too w/ link to buy.

Originally posted by GoGoFiero:
Good idea. Thank you. OK, here is the link to the URL:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ofrPYcMSgjoRVUPP9
That not a link to actual img but a page and Why Avatar doesn't work if you use same.
This is the img... (Add -- to htt--ps to stop auto-link so can see how f'ing long a link google uses to show user content.)
htt--ps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3ebTncFCcCUpnt5YWU-b2FuKvIrXRii48muMoV7Cb8F6CvUmKT2ScOJQho-zwQOllvy8clS1On5aviyiwbLmPsUAZA5s05fSAHn7uIC7eE9cN5e8hnsrr3ILaaeNnlWRPoTIFWkYG72iFpqv4y94eVX7Q=w455-h791-no
Even if you use correct link in Avatar function can barf on a giant link as link is 208 characters or too big etc.

To get that info on above page link:
Click img to see only the img
then find img properties... FF and maybe others is in Right Click menu.

Using right url w/ post img tag does work but not posting that in my post.
I'm only answering because you'll likely use same method to add any Avatar.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 10-09-2020).]

GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all. Best, Robert

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock