Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Entertaining 1985 Fiero 17 year junkyard resident start-up attempt.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Entertaining 1985 Fiero 17 year junkyard resident start-up attempt. by David Hambleton
Started on: 09-18-2020 09:45 PM
Replies: 15 (453 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 09-29-2020 10:23 AM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a new respect for the Iron Duke.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
Featured in the 2018 Fiero Store calendar month of May
2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI S

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't believe I watched the whole thing. (....although I burnt my dinner.)

Fun video... but I did post in the YouTube comments that the coolant level is NOT checked at the radiator in a Fiero. Typical newb mistake.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That dude was hilarious. I watched the whole thing too.

I think I added a few lines to my vocabulary.
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BRING THE THUNDER!
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very entertaining.....But some obvious lack-of-Fiero-knowledge......Cooling system should be filled up in back, Check the fuel pump by shorting the wires in the ALDL plug and to open a locked Fiero trunk without the key A) Trunk switch or, lacking that, B) Insert a slot screwdriver in the key hole and then turn and (Usually will open the trunk without much damage.

Even most of the comments were good- not many "Fiero-is-junk" trolls.......(I filtered for "This-Fiero-is-junk")
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

That dude was hilarious.

I'd watched a few of his videos before. He sure does have a certain kind of nonchalant concern even when the most serious of disasters show up! Never gets frustrated.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Even most of the comments were good- not many "Fiero-is-junk" trolls.......(I filtered for "This-Fiero-is-junk")

When there were just a couple hundred comments, yes, most comments were favorable. However, now that there's been a huge surge in viewers and comments, the haters have come out in full force. Fuk 'em.

turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been watching Vice Grip Garage for about 6 months, very entertaining.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
I can't believe I watched the whole thing. (....although I burnt my dinner.)

I suggest one of these:

I take it with me to the garage if I want to turn wrenches while dinner is cooking.

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I've been bringing my Fiero to the local car meet, and comments have been positive.

I suppose that people may have thought not-nice things, but nobody said so out loud.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

I suggest one of these... I take it with me to the garage if I want to turn wrenches while dinner is cooking.

Good idea. I initially didn't realize though that the video was over 52 minutes long... and then I didn't think it would captivate me 'til the end. Dinner was still edible, just a little overdone.
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to admire this guy's persistence! He claims to have let this car set due to a bad clutch slave cylinder. It makes me wonder, how many other, completely good cars are junked due to some small, inexpensive part going bad. I've known of people junking a Fiero because they didn't want to spend the money to replace the fuel pump.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'll be dipped, the sparkalaters are sparking and she didn't catch on fire.

"How do you get into these things, I guess I grew a little" lol

Was one of his better videos.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2020 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sledcaddie:

You have to admire this guy's persistence! He claims to have let this car set due to a bad clutch slave cylinder. It makes me wonder, how many other, completely good cars are junked due to some small, inexpensive part going bad. I've known of people junking a Fiero because they didn't want to spend the money to replace the fuel pump.

Fuel pump has got to be the number one reason, or maybe it's the mechanics in the immediate area who don't want to work on a Fiero and the owner can't work on it?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just put a Fiero parked over 20 years back on the road.

It needed a new tank, pump, sender and injectors. It runs great.

We did replace the entire brake system as it was frozen up.

The car has been inside and with 30k miles drives like new.

Only had one spark plug that gave us much worry but it came out.

Will need to get some. Miles on it to make sure the water pump holds and if there are any other bugs we find.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock