Started on: 09-15-2020 10:33 AM
Replies: 18 (967 views)
Last post by: Quad GT on 10-17-2020 01:19 PM
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No inspection needed, at least here in North Carolina.

Rules used to be cars over 35 years old qualified as antique so my car (1985) would have qualified this year but they changed the limit to 30 years!
It applies even if the car has regular plates, no need to get an antique plate.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The biggest advantage of owning (and driving) a Fiero, is that when attending a social event (back when they were allowed!), you aren't asked to drive a bunch of people home.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me, the advantage is how much fun I have driving a unique car. How many complete strangers wave or strike up a conversation.

It is not a valuable car. It is not a particularly high performing car. It is not even really a "sports car" per se.

It is not a car we drive to show off wealth, status, or to try to outperform every kid at a red light.. It is a simple, crude, primitive, yet unique driving experience. My first Fiero was bought in 1991... but the novelty still has not worn off. I almost bought a new Cayman S last year. Drove it. Loved it. But saw at least 10 of them the same day. Beautiful car, but nothing unique about it. Anyone with money or decent credit rating can buy a new Porsche or C8. But not anyone can go through the pain and suffering of owning a Fiero and keeping it on the road ... scavenging for parts... begging/pleading/negotiating for help to keep the car alive for one more year !

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every single time I drive my Fiero, it turns heads and I get compliments left and right. Every. Single. Time. I get compliments from young & old, male & female. I hear "Wow! Look at that cool car!" at least a few times a day.

That's not the reason I drive a Fiero. I drive a Fiero because it reminds me of my kart-racing days. It's just so much fun to drive! 😁
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:
Anyone with money or decent credit rating can buy a new Porsche or C8. But not anyone can go through the pain and suffering of owning a Fiero and keeping it on the road ... scavenging for parts... begging/pleading/negotiating for help to keep the car alive for one more year !

Lol! I've thought this many times! It's fun being able to keep a comfortable fun car running well past the usual "Best before" expiry date. As long as you can get or make parts, why not? It does take some perseverance and dedication...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Anyone with money or decent credit rating can buy a new Porsche or C8.
But not anyone can go through the pain and suffering of owning a Fiero and keeping it on the road ... scavenging for parts... begging/pleading/negotiating for help to keep the car alive for one more year !

Agreed! It gets people looking.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2020 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The advantage to driving a Fiero here in NJ is that Inspection is no longer required on cars 25 yrs or older. My love for the car comes from the mid engine design, the timeless styling/good looks, the enjoyable driving experience,and its uniqueness all at an affordable price. When I am at Friday Cruise Nights in Somerville, I often get comments like "what year Ferrari is that"?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like my Fiero as it is different. Not only different from the many Camaro and Mustangs on the road but it is different vs many Fiero’s.

I made my car my own from the start when I bought it in 1985.

I laugh as I get the comment often “l don’t like Fiero’s but I like yours” lol!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 09-27-2020).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2020 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I laugh as I get the comment often “l don’t like Fiero’s but I like yours” lol!

We all like hearing that! LOL

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like my Fiero as it is different. Not only different from the many Camaro and Mustangs on the road but it is different vs many Fiero’s.

I made my car my own from the start when I bought it in 1985.

You know we do love pics...

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

You know we do love pics...

What’s the best way to post a photo here now. It has been years since Posted one.
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Got if figured out.. Easier than it used to be to up load a photo.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hyperv6, that's a sharp looking car!
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Hyperv6, that's a sharp looking car!

That is an awesome looking Fiero!!

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

La fiera

2197 posts
Member since Jun 2008
What I love about my Fiero is to see people's faces when they see it.
One time I was driving through town and a cop had somebody pulled over under a bridge, and I could see he heard me coming.
As I was passing by him he had that "what the heck is this" look on his face.
When I came back around he was still there but this time he gave me a double big thumbs up!

But the time I felt the most proud to be a Fiero owner was back in 2011. I was doing a track day at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval
and there was a carshow, drifting and road race; there most have been over 10,000 people there.
As I'm driving following other cars to the pits to go on track through the people, suddenly I see a bunch of teenagers running towards my
direction and they were screaming and applauding. When the session was over and I headed to my pit area and to my surprise they all
were waiting for me there. They took a lot of pictures with the car! Priceless.

This is a video of that day!

https://youtu.be/Ps9PgmKFuNw
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.

It started as a 85 2M6 and I just tried to do my own thing. I just wanted to be a little different.

Back in the day it was easier as more parts were available that you just can’t find today.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys.

It started as a 85 2M6 and I just tried to do my own thing. I just wanted to be a little different.

Back in the day it was easier as more parts were available that you just can’t find today.

And you did a great job !! Very nice and unique.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sure you have been asked a few hundred times but here it goes.... who made that hood vent?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock