Started on: 07-14-2020 08:41 AM
Replies: 5 (303 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 07-15-2020 01:02 AM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good morning

I am selling CNC machines to a company that is a large manufacturer of brake pistons. One of the managers says it shouldn't be a problem to make a few hundred of a custom size. Of course, I immediately thought of the 88 brake piston,

Can someone please post any info, specs, diagrams, etc you may have on it? I can provide to the vendor and see if it is cost effective. Both steel and phenolic are available

https://niagarabrake.com/#facilities

They are asking for drawings, diagrams, material , etc.

Thx

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 07-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2020 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worst case, couldn't one be 3D scanned?
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, 3D scanning is not an option

3D scanning is good for molded or stamped parts For something like a machined component, we need to work from drawings, CAD models, that are as specific as possible. If someone has a good piston, I can easily measure all the relevant dimensions and return it if needed.

Hopefully someone has the drawing, or even the original part number or previous aftermarket part number? The client can likely cross reference since they have been making pistons for decades- it is even possible they made the originals.

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones that are critical are the rear ones with the parking brake internals.....Could they possible do some of those?

The front (Simple) piston is good and will help most people but the rear ones are the real SOBs......They are much more complicated and hard to rebuild(Almost impossible)
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They can make both fronts and rears.

The issue is I don't have geometry or part number to give them. If anyone can help, I can get pricing on getting a few hundred made and see if it makes financial sense.

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2020 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have three sets of Junk yard calipers......If needed, I could send one each front and rear to you so they have examples to work with.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock