Started on: 07-13-2020 01:09 PM
Replies: 20 (717 views)
Last post by: MRJ on 07-27-2020 05:29 PM
MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have the manual or installation instructions for the Miller Woods Turbo system? I really would like to see them.

------------------
MRJ

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very familiar with that system. It was later continued by Kevin Leslie/Design One systems. The last price was over $3,500 and it eventually fizzled out. It gave the 2.8L maybe 35-40 HP more but you needed a really strong low mileage engine to bolt it to. The cast pistons of the 2.8L just did not hold up well to boost. The real negative was that the cost per HP was non-competitive giving way to the 4.9L, 3800SC, 3.4DOHC and V8 swaps that could be done for less and gave FAR better performance. If you have that system I can answer your questions but the manual is long gone.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dennis. I bought a car with one. I’m just looking to see what all was involved. I haven’t been under it to see all the lines.
32Ford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 32FordSend a Private Message to 32FordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have manual for the system that we have.
MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there anyway you could take some pictures of it and post it? Or email them to me? Fierogt@suddenlink.net
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a copy if possible predmeister@sbcglobal.net
32Ford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 32FordSend a Private Message to 32FordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Copies of the entire manual would be 25dollars per copy mailed to your address.
MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2020 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
32Ford how do we know you have one? This just seems wrong. With today’s technology you shouldn’t be trying to make a buck.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2020 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRJ:

32Ford how do we know you have one? This just seems wrong. With today’s technology you shouldn’t be trying to make a buck.

If I am reading this correctly, a complete stranger is offering to scan, print and ship you a manual for a measly $25... Hardly a "money making" enterprise...

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have this manual "somewhere". I'll tear the place apart to find it and provide it free of charge.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2020 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

I have this manual "somewhere". I'll tear the place apart to find it and provide it free of charge.

This is what makes this forum THE BEST!
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's the turbo system i have.. I did a 3.4 swap with a new crate motor, and had that kit added to it. I don't have any of the documentation on it though, it was installed by the Fiero Factory.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2020 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

I think that's the turbo system i have.. I did a 3.4 swap with a new crate motor, and had that kit added to it. I don't have any of the documentation on it though, it was installed by the Fiero Factory.

Turbo systems are quite basic. Its basically a plumbing/bending/welding job of pipes. All you have is an exhaust mounted turbine that is used to force compressed air into the engine under pressure, intake plumbing, an oil feed , oil drain, and a waste gate to control the boost. Some systems have an intercooler. The trick to making horsepower is not just in the boost but in the tune. If its a stock Miller Woods/Design One turbo system, from what I've seen of those ECM programs, your tune is probably way off

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2020 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked for it where I thought it would be with no luck. I'll keep looking when I find time.

Is there anything specific you need to know? It's been a while ago, but I did the install myself and remember a bit.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I looked for it where I thought it would be with no luck. I'll keep looking when I find time.

Is there anything specific you need to know? It's been a while ago, but I did the install myself and remember a bit.

Or he can spend a measly $25..... geeeeez

MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bought an Artero with one on it. It’s leaking oil and I need to get into it to fix it. I’m going to have to go from the bottom to get to it. I also see the boost gauge coming off a vacuum line o. The plenum. I don’t think that’s right.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRJ:I also see the boost gauge coming off a vacuum line o. The plenum. I don’t think that’s right.

A boost/vacuum gauge is normally connected to the plenum.

A boost-only gauge will be connected to the compressor discharge.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Or he can spend a measly $25..... geeeeez

I believe that we need to decide if our life is primarily about a money making venture or if we are on this forum to help others.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found it last night!
SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SCCA FIERO

3808 posts
Member since May 99

Originally posted by MRJ:

I bought an Artero with one on it. It’s leaking oil and I need to get into it to fix it. I’m going to have to go from the bottom to get to it. I also see the boost gauge coming off a vacuum line o. The plenum. I don’t think that’s right.

It doesn't get into disassembling the turbo at all.

I'll get the relevant pages up tonight for oil routing. But basically there is a tee installed at the oil pressure sensor to supply oil to the turbo, then a drain on the turbo to the oil pan. Is it leaking at the turbo?
MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I’m leaking at the turbo side of things. Spent the week putting my dads 88gt back together so I could get the Artero in next.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock