Aux cord upgrade by willyt
Started on: 07-11-2020 11:40 PM
Replies: 8 (195 views)
Last post by: Easy8 on 07-13-2020 04:39 PM
willyt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for willytSend a Private Message to willytEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I just completed the aux cord upgrade to my factory radio, and I didn’t want to drill holes in the radio to keep the stock look. I ended up putting the port in the ash try. Just thought I’d share in case anyone else could use this idea
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like a good place for it. Could probably also put a USB port in there.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2020 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a link to the radio mod you can share?
willyt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for willytSend a Private Message to willytEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by willyt:

Here is the link
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098308.html

Funny, I was going to post those same pictures that I posted in that thread. Glad everything worked out.

Did you need to change any steps or were the diagrams I posted accurate?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-12-2020).]

willyt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for willytSend a Private Message to willytEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Funny, I was going to post those same pictures that I posted in that thread. Glad everything worked out.

Did you need to change any steps or were the diagrams I posted accurate?

The diagrams worked perfect, I really appreciate all the info on here. Super easy upgrade

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice idea but any small crap can cause problems later for any jack opening up. Worse are jacks w/ "closed" cases to collect and keep crap inside.
I've clean/fix many jacks on top of PC and more for this reason.
You may never put things in the ashtray but junk can still get in them w/ a door won't seal them.

Similar problem w/ cig lighters open up and crap falls in and often shorts out. Fiero isn't only car w/ lighters in iffy places, worse w/ people using "power plugs" taken in/out and don't plug the hole when out.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

willyt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for willytSend a Private Message to willytEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Nice idea but any small crap can cause problems later for any jack opening up. Worse are jacks w/ "closed" cases to collect and keep crap inside.
I've clean/fix many jacks on top of PC and more for this reason.
You may never put things in the ashtray but junk can still get in them w/ a door won't seal them.

Similar problem w/ cig lighters open up and crap falls in and often shorts out. Fiero isn't only car w/ lighters in iffy places, worse w/ people using "power plugs" taken in/out and don't plug the hole when out.

Good thing to keep in mind for anyone using this idea. I won’t be using the ashtray to hold anything and keep it closed when the aux cord is unplugged. If it does get clogged, I can replace it for $4. I have had to replace the headphone jack in my phone multiple times because it got stuff in it. Luckily the ash tray is much easier to get to than the inside of an iPhone
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or here is a crazy thought.. leave just a little extra wire on it so you can remove the removable ash tray and dump out anything that gets in the port... KISS

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock