Looking for an odometer fon85 GT by Rjberner46
Started on: 07-10-2020 11:16 AM
Replies: 10 (210 views)
Last post by: hercimer01 on 07-25-2020 12:58 PM
Rjberner46

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m looking for an odometer for my 85 GT. Mine isn’t working and I believe it’s the gears that are failing. My Speedometer and and trip odometer are working . Any suggestions would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLSMI 85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLSMI 85GTSend a Private Message to DLSMI 85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replace the servo motor for the odometer on my 85GT last year. I found the part on a Corvette site Batee.com part number A010. It took about an hour to replace it.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a speedo/odometer that works fine. Recently changed mine to km/h speedo, so I don't need the MPH speedo/odometer anymore.

You can have it for the cost of shipping. Perfect shape. Shows 55,000 miles on it, not that mileage on a Fiero odometer means anything, since it can be changed in 5 minutes to show whatever mileage you want....

PM me if you want it
85_redbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_redbirdSend a Private Message to 85_redbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the exact same problem on my 85GT as well! My speedo and trip work just fine, just the odometer quit working. I've taken the cluster apart and confirmed the gears are meshed fully with no luck. I then took the cluster apart a second time and swapped the trip and odometer motor connections. Still no luck, the problem stayed with the odometer. So, I'm open to other suggestions and would love to know if anyone else has another 85GT odometer they are willing to part with? lol I'm fearful it's an issue with one of the ICs on the circuit board.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT

Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the information and help. I'm a first time Fiero owner so I'm experiencing some growing pains.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Rob
I have received your PM. Super busy with work this week, but I will do my best to get to the post office. The speedo/odometer is yours, no charge. Just give me a few days to get the shipping arranged and will send you tracking number and shipping cost. I can't see it being more than $20-$25

If you don't hear from me by mid next week, please send me a PM as a reminder.... getting old and forgetful

thx

Pete
Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2020 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Pete. I just saw this and had sent you a PM a little while ago. Thanks for the update. Just let me know what I owe you. Thanks again.
Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well out of the blue the odometer started working.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just dug up my old one and was planning to go to post office monday. Try yours for a few days, and if it stops working , I can send you this one
Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will do. It seems I get one thing fixed and three more issues pop up. Lol. Went to change bulbs on back up lights and now blinkers won’t work and when I turn the lights on the brake lights stay on all the time. Oh well it’s a project and I knew that when I bought it.

I will let you know if the odometer stops agin. Thank you.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is for a later speedo. (4 pin connector)

Originally posted by DLSMI 85GT:

I replace the servo motor for the odometer on my 85GT last year. I found the part on a Corvette site Batee.com part number A010. It took about an hour to replace it.

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock