36 years later-Back in a Fiero again by Fripp64
Started on: 07-08-2020 11:16 AM
Replies: 14 (276 views)
Last post by: 87_FieroGT on 07-10-2020 06:56 PM
Fripp64

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New to the Forum.
I just got back into a Fiero for the first time since I purchased a new 2M4 in May of 1984....36 years go-WOW!
I've just closed the deal on a one owner 1987 Fiero GT in Medium Red Metallic (77) with 45k miles on her. I've been looking for quite some time for an unmolested '86-'87 GT and I'm thrilled to be getting her shipped to me next week. I'm located in Alabama and fall into the category of the old guy wanting to relive this youth one last time before I get too old and fat to fit in a cool car from my youth.
THANK YOU all for keeping these cars alive, for your knowledge, expertise and wisdom. I've been trolling here for quite some time and I've learned so much and hope to learn more.

So, without further ado...Here she is...(Special thanks to the wife for allowing me to continually indulge my car passion)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beautiful ride!

Hope the thrill is back when you slide into your new Fiero.

Enjoy it to the max....life's waaay too short to not enjoy every moment you can.

Good buy for you, judging from the pic you posted. Just gorgeous.

HAGO!
Fripp64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much- I'm so excited!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fripp64:

That's exactly what mine looked like when I bought in in 1989

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Fripp64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierosound...just clicked on your link. Beautiful car you have there. Can you point me to the Eibach kit your purchased for your car. I'd love to lower mine.

Thanks
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you point me to the Eibach kit your purchased for your car. I'd love to lower mine.

There's a mix of old/new information there. Had Eibachs at one time.
I'm running coilovers on the rear now, lowering spindles on front (no longer available).

Eibach springs only lower about 1 inch according to their data.
Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences with Eibach springs.
https://eibach.com/us/330/3...ONTIAC-Fiero-pro-kit
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been trolling here for quite some time and I've learned so much and hope to learn more.

Now that you're a member here, you may wish to re-evaluate the use of some terms.

troll: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

Welcome to PFF.

Fripp64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ha ha! Yea, not that trolling...quietly observing...how about that instead
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always thought trolling was a type of fishing! Anyhoo, nice car man! Looks beautiful and wish you many miles and years of enjoyment with this coolest North American car ever!!
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the subject of Eibach springs, the first Fiero I owned (bought in '89) was an '86 GT with them that the PO had installed.

Loved the stance.

Hated the ride.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back to the obsession! That's a beautiful car.

I bought my first Fiero new, in 1985. Traded it in on a Firebird in 1988.
Bought my next Fiero in 1997, and have had at least one, since then.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

PFF
System Bot
Fripp64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fripp64Send a Private Message to Fripp64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome...looking forward to learning so much more.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the best Fiero resource on the net. Lots of really good people here. You will find great info here and by using the search function it's easy to access thousands of older posts in the archives

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-09-2020).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ha ha! Yea, not that trolling...quietly observing...how about that instead

That's lurking...

87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and congratulations! That looks just like my 3rd Fiero. Wish I had kept that one. I'm on my 5th now. Post more pictures when she arrives please!

BTW, what's the story with the driver side mirror? Looks tweaked.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
Featured in the 2018 Fiero Store calendar month of May
2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI S

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay